White String Thing From Harlequin Tetras Bum!

stoneagedinosaur

Fishaholic
Joined
Oct 18, 2009
Messages
441
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
NE Dorset
Howdy doody folks

Had a few Harlequin Tetras in for a week and one has some white stringy stuff about an inch long from behind the anal fin. Is it like poodle poo you used to get in the 80s? Worm? a new breed of fish yoyo? Do I need to isolate the little chap?

These little fellas (and she fellas I assume) are getting quite feisty too - is this normal?

I'm sure that these are really basic, fundamental questions... but hey - gotta start somewhere!

Cheers
 
I'd say it's poop, but could you get a pic up? Is the fish acting strange?
 
White, stringy poop is a sign of internal parasites. I would take this matter to the hospital section.
 
Yup, post in the fish emergency section. Long, white stringy poo is a sign of internal worms or parasites.

What are your water parameters?

Ammonia?
Nitrite?
Nitrate?

This is most likely internal worms. Is the fishes anus inflated at all, or is the anus reddening at all?

How is the fishes breathing? Does he breath heavily or really fast?

-FHM
 

Most reactions

Back
Top