while trying to breed bettas

kgrehm

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hos do i keep the lighing, i read many different opinions and some say all on, and some say off and on. Not quite sure that to believe??

in the wild, does it ever get dark at night?

we turn the lights off at night these days. when we first started we were told to leave them on (which we did) but it's not necessary IMO. ;)

Getting discouraged. I put in my male for 1 day and then i added my female. I added the male that had made a bubblenest before so I thought that if i put them in again he would have no problems. Well He flares at the female and the female has verticle stipes and wants to go with the male. Although i have the half of the cup and he isnt making his nest, so i added a 3x2 wax paper sheet that help him last time but nothing.

So should i still release the female even though he hasnt made a nest yet?

My other male may be too old because i cleaned the tank with him and another female in the tank for awhile and they didnt do anything so he isnt interested in anyone.

What should I do?

Thinking of saying "I gave it a shot" and just raise fish instead of breeding.

Also might go online and get a pair that i know is about 6 months and try it again. I have no idea what i am doing wrong if anything.

Thanks

You can release the female even if your male hasn't build a nest.
Some males will build a nest during the spawning or shortly before.

Most reactions

Back