Which Tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

hensonc4098

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I have been on the lookout for a larger tank for a while, thought I was going to be getting a vision 180 but the sale fell through as the guy just suddenly went quiet on me. So now I have 2 options, both with pros and cons:

Option 1: Juwel Rio 180 - £150 including fluval 205 external
Drawback - broken lighting unit :(

Option 2: Fluval Roma 200 - £200 including eheim external
Drawback - lower lighting as the romas have t8s instead of t5s. Since I'd like to do a pretty high tech setup with pressurised co2 etc. I have a feeling this could be limiting.

Just wondering your opinions guys? Am I being overdramatic about the roma lighting? Or should I just bite the bullet with the rio to fix or replace the unit?

Why not go for the Roma 200 and just stock it with suitable plants that are low tech eg. a jungle of different Anubias? Not all Anubias grow short and bushy, some make great tall plants like Anubias congoensis.

What is the Eheim external? You would need to double check the details, but "Rorie" was recently selling an Eheim 2075 for something like £80 delivered.

I would, but 2 of my other tanks are low tech planted, so was gonna try something a bit different...
Might just hang around a bit longer to see if something ideal comes up...

Or, I've just emailed the roma guy to see if he would do it any cheaper and I can add another starter unit and bulbs. :shifty:

I have a roma 200, and I could not grow high to medium light plans so I upgraded/Added more lights.
Here's what i did: Fluval roma lighting upgrade

I think the replacement light unit will cost aroiund the same price as the parts you would need to do this upgrade, Which eheim filter is it ? eheim are far better filters the fluval so really it just comes down to, do you want to just buy a replacement light unit and go with the Juwel Rio 180 (and it saves you £50) or go wit the roma and upgrade the lighhting for yourself and have a better filter, but might cost a little more though.

:good:

Acht, I'll just leave it and hang around until something comes up that's better. The one I was meant to be getting was all working for £130 *facepalm* lol :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back