Which Is The Most Entertaining?

Coolest choice?

  • Beta + 1-3 ADF

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gourami + 1-2 ADF

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Snails and Shrimp Only

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-5 ADF only

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

mwood2

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver WA (US)
Ok got my old 5 gallon out in place of the 10 and want to know which of the choices people like best.
 
Hi mwood2 :)

I voted for the frogs alone, but a few with a betta would be nice too. :D
 
omg, only two votes for full frog sanc.?

COME ON PEOPLE! VOTE FOR THE FROGS! :D
 
It really does depend on what your interested in more.

If you just want a cute pet possibly with some character, go with the betta and/or frogs.

If you like the idea of creating a little low maintenance ecosystem with easy plants and such, go with the shrimp (which are more fun to watch than bettas and frogs IMO)and snails.

If you go with shrimp and snails, there's no reason you couldn't add fish to a 5gal later as well. Micro-fish like 'galaxy rasboras' (celestial pearl danios), ember tetras, pygmy corydoras and microrasboras would be a great addition to the tank and are actually quite common at most lfs if you ask for them or just keep checking back :good:.
 
I have voted frogs but agree with three-fingers and would defo add some fish to it mysel, creating a little environment that would be nice and easy to maintain.

How about 1 x Dwarf Puffer in a heavily plnted and decorated tank with a few snails to hopefully keep up the food supply for your little blighty!!

The cories would be great also and would certainly keep you entertained with maybe a small shoal of tiny tetra as well. There really are a lot of options, even in a teeny-tiny tank!!
 
go with ember tetras, i bought some myself, most entertaining fish i have ever bought, they max out at 2cm or 0.8 inches and shoal very tightly, im having about 40 in my new system, and ill see how they shoal and report back :good:
 
well my tank just started a fishless cycle today. It will be awhile before I am ready for any fish/frogs , sadly I don't have any spare filter media in my other tanks because there only 1-3 months old tops.

I have a current dwarf puffer tank so I would prefer to keep it at just one until I can change him into a bigger tank (that could be a year from now). I would like to find some pygmy cory and small rasbora or tetras but none of the pet stores seem to carry any (although I have asked if they can special order).

As for the tank itself, its a hex tank thats 11in high. I have a simple polished gravel on the bottom since it was cheap and easy. Currently no live plants but I plan to get some from here:

[URL="http://www.aquariumplants.com/"]http://www.aquariumplants.com/[/URL]

I will put up a tank pic soon but plant suggestions would be great. Hmmm and on a random idea, would 2 Guppy be a ok choice with cory or ADF? I would like to get a male and female and let them breed but also want some natural selection going on so I wouldn't end up with 50 of them in a 5 gallon.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top