Which Filter?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

montyII

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm currently running 2 HOB filters on my 44gal planted tank: an Aquaclear 50 and a 20 (making maximum flow of about 300gal/hr). I'm going to be removing the smaller one to use on a nano planted I'm planning :hyper: , and I'm unsure what to replace it with.

The contenders are an Eheim Classic 2213 for $150 or another HOB, an Aquaclear 70 for $80.

Obviously I'm leaning towards the Aquaclear based on price, but I was wondering if there's any advantage to a cannister filter over a HOB in a planted tank.

A cannister can, with the right outflow, produce less surface agitation hence keeping more CO2 in the water. Plus the external may be big enough to let you ditch the existing HOB filter aswell.

Agree with above but,

$150 for an eheim 2213?!

Thats about £75, where over hear the 2213 is about £40-5.

The big 2217's are only £60-70 :huh:

OK, thanks for that, might climb off my wallet and go for the Eheim then.

$150 for an eheim 2213?!

Thats about £75, where over hear the 2213 is about £40-5

Yep, and $150 is the absolute cheapest price from an online shop. I've noticed everything is a lot more expensive here in Oz than in the UK or USA. Due to the small market here and freight costs, I suppose.

OK, thanks for that, might climb off my wallet and go for the Eheim then.

$150 for an eheim 2213?!

Thats about £75, where over hear the 2213 is about £40-5

Yep, and $150 is the absolute cheapest price from an online shop. I've noticed everything is a lot more expensive here in Oz than in the UK or USA. Due to the small market here and freight costs, I suppose.

It's unfortunate that Eheim's and anything else good costs so much over here :angry:

If it where me ids get the eheim, better to get the kit out of the tank.

If Oz is more expensive than the UK then how does it compare to the USA!!!

Sam

If it where me ids get the eheim, better to get the kit out of the tank.

If Oz is more expensive than the UK then how does it compare to the USA!!!

Sam

Yeah, I think it has to be the Eheim. Funny how thinking "I'll just set up that spare tank as a nano, it won't cost much to do" turns into buying a new filter for the big tank.... very strange.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back