Which Co2 Pressurised Kit?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

melh1979

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi we've been looking into getting a pressurised CO2 kit for our 240l planted tank.
We're considering either the D&D set or the JBL Easy Set 2 or the JBL ProFlora Set 2. The JBL ones are more money but come with a permanent CO2 test and two gauges whereas the D&D one only has one. All have a Solenoid. The only difference between the two JBL ones seems to be that the Easy one has a disposable cylider and the other has a refillable one - is there any difference between these other than how you change them?
Does anyone have experience of the D&D or the JBL sets and can offer some advice?
Thanks

I have the D-D kit which works well, though it came with a powered pump/diffuser which I am not using, instead I have it coupled to a standard ceramic diffuser. It is pretty cost effective and can be found for £100 online if you shop around.

One went (virtually brand new) for £65 on eBay today...

Lol no it didnt I put a bid in for it lol, it finally went for £77 plus £15 post and package so £92 in all. In the last few minutes before the auction ended people start paying stupid money for it. You can buy it brand new for £100 so there was no way I was gonna pay any more. The gauge on it was slightly damaged too.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/deltec-pressurised-c...bayphotohosting

If you have the extra money buy the jbl easy set 2. You can buy it from aquaristikshop for about £108 which is about £45 cheaper than anywere in the uk that ive seen.

http://www.aquaristikshop.com/cgi-bin/neu/...e&mpath1=59

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have the JBL one and so far its pretty good. You can get a refillable bottle for it if you want but cost wise I dont think you save any money using it until about 2 years later (unless you use a LOT of CO2). I'm lazy so just got a few disposible ones which should last awhile.

Thanks for replies. I think we're going to go for the JBL Easy Set 2. How long should the CO2 last on a 240l tank? How can I work it out?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back