Which Bulbs/combination Do I Need?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Sammy1911

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi
I need to order 2x30w florescents (i currently have 2x 900mm 30w theyre whateva the shop gave me over 18mths ago) im looking on zooplus and theres so many combinations....
hagen powerglo x1 & aquaglo x1 combo pack
floraglo x2 combo pack
sunglo x2 combo pack

i have a planted community tank with cichlids - what would u suggest coz im confused.com!!
thanks

should add that i am running low tech tank with various ferns, anubias, giant vallis and dwarf sag to name but a few..

As you have cichlids I'd go with aquaglo, brings out fish colours and good for plants. :)

i am torn... like u say aquaglo wud luk great but what about the 18000k? i read for a low tech upto 150kpg is needed... as a safe bet how about sunglo & floraglo creating 7000k - 100 kpg...? i am getting 5xgymnos and obviously want them to pop but am concerned coz i dont want to go high tech...

i cant remember the exact page but it was one of the results google brought up... bad thing to do huh?

Some plants use certain colours in the light more than others so a full spectrum would be your best bet, pretty much anything that says "day" or "sun" in its colour type.

ok so ignoring this kpg rule ive read - ive seen your tank and if youre not familar with it then it doesnt hold much weight so i think one aquaglow and one sunglow should suffice. thanks!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back