Where To Go This Weekend?

Davo86

Cichlids, Catfish and Oddballs
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
5,591
Reaction score
3
Points
36
Location
Shropshire UK
Ok Guys and gals I need suggestions/opinions on which aquatics I should go to this weekend,

These two are the ones i'm currently considering, never visited either so any experience of what they sell etc would be great please :rolleyes:

Moreton Park in Oswestry
Maidenhead at Mere Park Newport

Or if you can think of anymore that would be under an hours drive from Shrewsbury that would be great too.

Thanks in Advance :good:
 
Maidenhead have always been good but they seem rather expensive compared to other LFS's around bristol....

Saying that though, the Maidenhead Aquatics in North Bristol is about double the price of the one in South Bristol for fish and a few other things....

I always seem to find that small/unchained stores are better/cheaper....
 
He knows Coxwell's and frankly doesnt want to visit hollybush IMO, terrible place.

Mere Park mate :good:

Dont know Oswestry.
 
Thanks All

Minx do you know if they stock many oddball types?
 
Last time I was there, they had fire eels, ornate birchirs, but I wasnt looking for odds, but they normally have a good stock of SA/CA ciclids, thats why I go there.
 
Oh also if your going Telford way, not far (bout 5 miles) from Mere Park, you could try Ripples, Unit B2
Stafford Pk 11, Telford, TF3 3AY, they had some snakeheads in the other week :good: again pretty good place and wide (ish) range of fish.
 
Great Thanks Minx, :good:
was actually going to look for a Fire Eel or Delhezi Bichir :drool:
 
Well eventually decided to visit Moreton Hall today with the intention of going to the others sometime this week,

Anyway came away with two beauties, although i must admit i think i have made a bit of a c*ck up with the one, which seemingly looked a bit bigger in the store, and has already needed to be narrowly saved from the jaws of my channa banks.

Anyway I would totally recommend visiting this place which had loads of marines and a good selection of cold water and tropicals,

Fish they had their included: a baby 4" red tailed catfish, dragon gobys, red spot severums, Jaguar cichlids, and an ornate Bichir as well as what I eventually came away with: An albino Senegal Bichir and an Electric Blue Dempsey :hyper: :D

You could say i'm a little happy right about now :good:
pics to follow
 
Ohhh the albino senegal sounds good, look forward to pics. Where is moreton hall out of interest?
 
Ohhh the albino senegal sounds good, look forward to pics. Where is moreton hall out of interest?

Its on the other side of Oswestry on the A5, as you go to Wrexham
Its about 30mins from me so would be around 1hour and 25mins from Wolverhampton
 
Thanks, might take a drive once little guy goes back to school :)
 
Well here they are; better pics to follow once they've settled in

Blue Dempsey
IMG_9055.jpg


Albino Senegal
IMG_9058.jpg

IMG_9062.jpg
 
That Jack Dempsey is an absoloute stunner mate!

I dont know anything about birchir, just doing a little research now!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top