Where Did This Come From?

wolfwolf

Fish Crazy
Joined
Sep 9, 2007
Messages
327
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Pennsylvania, USA
I took a look at my tank yesterday and my male Pelvicachromis taeniatus "Nyete" was hovering under a leaf which is very unusual for him. My first thought was an illness. Well guess what.... he was guarding his lone fry! It was from the second time that the pair mated. It was weird though because I thought she ate the eggs a while ago. The day before I saw the fry it looked like the pair were mating again because the female was dancing all over the aquarium.

Anyway the female transports the fry in her mouth. I did not know she would do that. This is all so COOL!
 
A couple of months ago I found a lone fry in the tank (no idea my eyesight was THAT good) and hadn't a clue what it could have been. I'd have put every penny I had on it being a Pencilfish - they've not stopped being frisky since I swapped my internal filter for an external just over a year ago. Couldn't believe it when she was big enough to identify as a Dwarf Neon Rainbow. I HAD to keep her.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top