Where Can I Find Whitebait?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

laurac94

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I currently feed my piranhas on mussels, white fish and the odd bit of heart every now and then.
I just want to mix up their diet abit but I can't find whitebait anywhere.
Any advice or does anyone know anywhere that sells it?
Thanks.

Yeah, Mtbdean's got it. They'll keep it in the freezer and most tackle shops will sell whitebait :)

Depends how much you need LOL

This website sells it but has minimum order of £25 (not worth them delivering it otherwise)... however they do other frozen foods and they are all aimed at people so if you eat fish as well... wouldnt take much to get an order together :)

http://www.splashfoods.co.uk/fish/frozen-whitebait/195/

That said, I have seen packs of Whitebait in supermarkets before... think it might have been ASDA.

Personally... cant understand why ANYONE would want to eat that stuff
unsure.png

when you say whitebait what are you expecting to find in the packet ? 

tbh i used to think whitebait were just a general term for unspecified white fish but it seems that its a term for unspecified *very small* white fish. 

you can get something like this in most pet stoers commonly used for feeding preds and turtles 

if your just after some small white fish or small white fish pieces you could try sprats from your local supermarket or pollock ( sold in supermarkets as an alternative to cod and quite similar) just defrost and cut it up .

hope it helps :) 

Yeah it is sprats I was looking for
Finally found some at the fish market for human consumption :-S
I personally wouldnt eat them but my fish seem to:)

great ! . glad you found what you were after :) 

i think the sprats are are a bit seasonal but speak to the fishmonger incase you need to stock up at a certain time of year . 

good luck !

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back