Where are the babies?

fishyjessie

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Ive lost fry before and I want to do it right this time. My platy is pregnant and I dont really know where to start. I have a net breeder, but it seems thoes are not good to keep the female in for long periods of time. How do I know when she needs to go in there. Would it be eaiser to fish the fry out with a net after they are born? Im thinking the shrimp ate the last ones. Another thing in courious about is how you can breed specific fish (ie. colors, size etc.) Do the pair you want have to be isolated? Will they fight? :/ Someday i will get the hang of this :p :rolleyes: :thumbs:

i'm not really sure about when to put a platy in the breeder because I do guppies and mollies but I'm thinkin' that when her gravid spot is huge put her in. And if you know that it's been about a month since she got pregnant put her in starting 5 days before a month is over.

I think it would be easier for you and for the fry if you just put the female in the breeding net before she has her fry. :)

When you want a specific pair of fish to mate, you probably should isolate them unless they are the only pair of that type of fish in the tank, and if they do fight then I wouldn't recommend trying to breed them. :unsure:

Hehe, you are smart. Thanks for the info.....Im not too sure of when she became preg....how can you tell? :huh: :eek: ;)
I have a preg Danio now also....does she need special treatment? :/ :blink: :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back