Whats the website called?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

nik_n

Fish Crazy
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I saw in the past that a few people recommend a website to help calculate the stocking levels of an aquarium. I have forgotten the name and would appreciate of anyone would send me the link or the name.

Thanks

Happy to help! I always start with AQ advisor when I'm planning a new tank, especially when I'm keeping species that are unfamiliar to me. Of course there are a thousand variables. All in all, though, this site will give you an idea of space requirements and compatibility.

Does anybody else use, or has used, https://www.thinkfish.co.uk/article/community-creator?
I can't remember how I came across it but it seems to be a bit limited in the fish that it has available to add to your proposed tank, plus you have to donate to be able to store your potential set up.
One I saw and immediately discounted, based on the example shown. For example, not only will Tiger Barbs be likely to nip at male guppies, the Angel would have a bad time of it and the idea of animals becoming compatible if they've been raised together is largely a myth. Shrimp will breed and baby shrimp will become food and young shrimp will become food, etc..

The 'rule' only ever applied to fish which grow no larger than 3 inches. But even so, 3 x 3 inch fish in 10 gallons is not a good idea.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back