What Would Be The Cause Of Death?

Bambi211

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jul 16, 2008
Messages
115
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Nottingham
Ive had my tank set up for about 7 months. It holds 60lt. 2ft.

Ive been having a few problems recently so completely re did my tank last friday removed all the water, cleaned everything etc.

All my fish have been fine and very happy since.

I only have...

1 Neon Tetra
1 Lamp eye
1 Albino Cory
1 Baby swordtail

And for some reason my glow eye died today? I really dont understand it, Ive had this fish for just about the whole time ive had the tank ?

My mum said maybe im over feeding them, but that wouldnt kill them would it? and i dont give them that much food, just a bit of flake food once a day and then sometimes some of them frozen worms u can get?

It doesnt make sense?

I also did a strip water test (i know its not accurate) But everything was fine on that, I havent done a water change since Cos i didnt think there was any need?

Any advice?

xx
 
Hi when you say you re-did the tank, did you even change all of the filter media?
if you have renewed the media then you will have removed the bacteria which would cause the tank to re-cycle, at this time deaths can occur.

do your LFS test water? a liquid test would be needed to check the stats accurately.
 
Hi when you say you re-did the tank, did you even change all of the filter media?
if you have renewed the media then you will have removed the bacteria which would cause the tank to re-cycle, at this time deaths can occur.

do your LFS test water? a liquid test would be needed to check the stats accurately.


Yeah I did change change all the filter and everything, Cleaned it all.
Ahhhh right, But wouldnt it of died straight away?

No I tested it at home. Im taking water in to the LFS on saturday though, to have it tested. Ill let u know the stats then.

xx
 
as you only have 4 relatively small fish it would take a few days for the levels to rise,

Also ask the LFS to write down the results for you,
 
If you've changed your filter media and cleaned everything that went in your tank then it is going to be completely uncycled and will take at least a few weeks (possibly 3 or 4) for the bacteria populations to build up again. This could be a very difficult time for your fish, especially the Neon. If you can, you should try to do a partial water change every day just to make the water liveable for your fish. Also, I'd get hold of an API Master Test Kit if you can. It's commonly available although quite expensive but is well worth the money.

Good luck, I hope you don't lose any more fish.

Dan
 

Most reactions

Back
Top