The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

McCool

Fishaholic
Reaction score
20120923_193709_zpsbb8aee46.jpg

Any clue?

That's a lovely big healthy type of sword :fun: :lol: :hyper: Sorry, only joking...but it's lovely.

That's a lovely big healthy type of sword :fun: :lol: :hyper: Sorry, only joking...but it's lovely.

:lol: Thank you! No clue what it is, but I guess I'm doing something right!

Based on what I see, the way the veins come off the mid-rib in the leaves, I am guessing the Broadleaved Amazon Sword (Echicodorus bleheri). Don't kick me if I'm wrong though! It's hard sometimes to tell from a photo.

Based on what I see, the way the veins come off the mid-rib in the leaves, I am guessing the Broadleaved Amazon Sword (Echicodorus bleheri). Don't kick me if I'm wrong though! It's hard sometimes to tell from a photo.

Googled, and the leaves don't look quite right :/ The broadleaf looks like it has longer narrower leaves. Could be wrong though, As I'm terrible at IDing plants!

The Broadleaf is supposted to have broad leaves...thus the name. ;)

Can you maybe take a couple of more photos that show more leaf and stalk detail?

My other thought is E. macrophyllus the Large-leaved Amazon Sword.

The Broadleaf is supposted to have broad leaves...thus the name. ;)

Can you maybe take a couple of more photos that show more leaf and stalk detail?

Sure!

Well, I tell you, even though it doesn't have any of the rose color it looks like a Echinodorus ´Rose´ to me. I know the rose color is a product of lighting so it is possible that it wouldn't have it.

Here's a google shot of one to compare. If that doesn't do it I'm going to have to go hunting through my books or pull our plant forum moderator over here!

25048.jpg

That looks like it too me! Thank you for your help! :)

Excellent. It's a hybrid. I have to admit I don't know which two swords they crossed to make it though but it's a cultivated variety which often means an easier plant to care for.

Excellent. It's a hybrid. I have to admit I don't know which two swords they crossed to make it though but it's a cultivated variety which often means an easier plant to care for.

Awesome, cause I have low light. We'll see how it does! Thank you!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back