What Shall I Say So I Can Tank Tank Back

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

D4N

Fishaholic
Reaction score
i might be geting a new tank for free and i just bought a tank last week what can i say to the shop so i can take it back ????

Ask them if they'll take it back and return your money. And if not, sell it on ebay.

If there's nothing wrong with it and you've unpacked it they will be within their rights to refuse to take it.

Why don't you sell the tank you are about to get for free, which then pays for the one you bought last week ;)

Did you set it up yet?

If it's still perfectly intact, tell them your fish died - and try to cry a bit, they'll take it :lol:

You could tell them it was bowing at the front so you were worried about it leaking or summat, beware though they might tell you they can only swap it for you and not give your money back.

If you havent unpacked it and you bought it in the last 14 days UK law (didnt check where u live) states the product is returnable for a full refund.

so you think if it has still been used for only a week they will take it back
[/quote]

If you've been using it for a week they won't take it back, and to be honest I wouldn't want to buy a tank from a shop that someone else had been using for a week. It's secondhand so if the free one is new and same size etc sell it then it pays for the one you've already got. Get it? Got it? Good!

You could tell them it was bowing at the front so you were worried about it leaking or summat, beware though they might tell you they can only swap it for you and not give your money back.

If you havent unpacked it and you bought it in the last 14 days UK law (didnt check where u live) states the product is returnable for a full refund.

Doesn't that apply to internet shopping only? I get the impression he bought it locally to him.

I would just keep both, whats wrong with having an extra tank sitting around? You might decide one day that you're going to need another tank and then you will already have one. Wouldnt that make more sense then selling it and then deciding a year down the road you need another tank and you have to go and pay for another one.

the one im geting for free is bigger 61cm by 61 by 61

would you no how many liters that was?

How old are you? Why do you keep asking questions then ignoring everyones attempt to help you?
Have you been using this tank for a week yes or no?
If you have the shop will not take it back and no-one will want to buy it.
As loko17 said why not keep them both.
It's quite simple, keep them both or sell the un-used new one.

How old are you? Why do you keep asking questions then ignoring everyones attempt to help you?
Have you been using this tank for a week yes or no?
If you have the shop will not take it back and no-one will want to buy it.
As loko17 said why not keep them both.
It's quite simple, keep them both or sell the un-used new one.

i am 15 and i carnt aford to keep both!!!!

Well, if his mum will kick off, he's in the UK and still young enough to have to worry about his mum.

I think if you've been using it, you shouldn't really take it back, that's not really fair. If it's brand new, you're not hurting anyone because they can just resell it.

I assume the new tank is used - but new to you - so no chance of selling that one on.

Keep them both then go find the bridge thread and make a bridge between them :)

Most reactions

Back