What Is Some Of This Aquariums Stuff!

spazzinout

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok well my moms friend is moving and cant bring all his aquarium stuff with him, so he gave it to me!!, and WOW its atonnn of stuff. Can you help me understand what some of it is for?

So I have a box of AquaClear 200 step 1,2,and 3 filter. Step one is the media pad, two is the carbon, and then 3 is the Amrid Ammonia Remover.
Im cycling a new fish tank that I set up last week and I dont know if I should put in a packet of the Ammonia Remover in the filter or not. I have like 6 sets of steps 1, 2 , and 3, its crazy...

He also brought over this stuff he never stops talking about, Diatom Powder? He says it cleans the tank, but I dont know how or even if its still used by people.

There are a few packages of Oxygenex Emergency Oxygen Suppliers too, that ive never seen on a store shelf in my life.

Last, I have a 12 pack of Wisper Filter Cartridges. On the bottom of the box the copyright year is 1985 and 1991, So has the carbon lost all of its power by now? Its still packaged.

I also have two 30 gallon tanks, a 10 gallon, and a weird long 5 gallon for bettas, about 50 pounds of assorted gravels and sands, the weirdest filters in the world, powerheads and broken airpumps, and a bunch of test kits that I dont know if they have expired or something.

Thanks guys

Most reactions

Back