What fishes are found in the various angelfishes habitat) ?

anewbie

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I know that there are three primary species of angelfishes (p. scalare, p. leopoldi and p.altum); I also know in the wild p. scalare are found near cardinals as they snack on them and they are found in tributary with little current. What I can't find is a list of fishes commonly found with angels in the wild. Which catfishes (including cory), tetras, and other cichlid. I know in the wild they are generally warm water fishes so that would exclude those fishes found in cooler areas and fast rivers but beyond that i cannot find a good search (using google) that list the species of fishes found in their native habitat (unfortunately all i find are '15 best fishes to keep with domestic angelfishes and similar stuff that doesn't interest myself). I suppose natively they are likely blackwater fish so that narrows it a tiny bit.

Tracking down species that co-exist usually means selecting the habitat watercourse and then searching the species known to inhabit. Seriously Fish frequently has sympatric species listed, but not usually for a species that is as widespread as Pterophyllum scalare.

Planet Catfish lists sympatric species but only within the "catfish" group.

Tracking down species that co-exist usually means selecting the habitat watercourse and then searching the species known to inhabit. Seriously Fish frequently has sympatric species listed, but not usually for a species that is as widespread as Pterophyllum scalare.

Planet Catfish lists sympatric species but only within the "catfish" group.
Yea - i was 'fraid of that. Ok thanks.

You can probably check on some youtube videos especially the expeditions to South America to catch Angelfish.
You will see some of the fish that are in the same region as Angelfish.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back