What Family Of Fish Do You Think Has Most Character?

*Voting*

  • Bettas

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • African / Old World Cichlids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New World Cichlids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Livebearers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Catfish

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Killifish

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oddball's

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cyprinids, Characins and Atherinids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gouramis and Anabantoids

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

JohnRossDele

Fish Herder
Joined
Mar 23, 2009
Messages
1,085
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Co.Down Ireland
Hi, what family of fish do you think has most character?
this means that it will come to the front of the tank when u come to feed them or they can create a huge bond in which the owner can hand feed or touch fish without shyness

To vote

1)vote
2) write: the family and fish, why you choose it

Thanks
 
Bettas are gouramis.... I went with catfsh I think my black cory has more personality then my betta. He also prefers the mid level alot more then th albinos or peppered corys he is in with.
 
Although I love the antics of all cichlids, and think cories are particularly fun to watch when they play - I can't neglect the wonder that is: Male live-bearers never ending attempts to "get laid"

Ok so they dont have the personalities in the way that other fish have - but they certainly have character, and a lot of (wanna put sp**k ..but shouldnt)...... um.. manliness.

Admin - hopefully that was done sensitively enough.
 
Bettas are gouramis....
Bettas are not Gouramis,they are Anabantoids as are Gouramis.
New World Cichlids all day.
You forgot to mention Clown Loaches,they have loads of personality.

Latin names say differently:

General Gourami classification:
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Actinopterygii
Order: Perciformes
Suborder: Anabantoidei
Family: Osphronemidae

Siamese fighting fish:
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Actinopterygii
Order: Perciformes
Family: Osphronemidae
Sub faminly: Macropodinae
Genus: Betta

Subfamily present under the classification of gourami:
Belontia, Macropodinae (contains bettas), Luciocephalinae (Trichogastrinae), Osphroneminae (giant)
 
I voted NW cichlids because of my oscars BUT in my experience catfish, plecs and oddballs can be equally characterful - my Clarias eats from hand and my senegal bichir has a taste for floating cichlid pellets which is funny to watch. I used to have a gold nugget plec that would latch onto my hand when I was cleaning the tank.
 
NW Cichlids all the way.

new world for me too :)
never seen any fish with the character of an oscar

I have kept a very wide range of NW Cichlids, and I couldn't agree more shelagh. I have had several O's and every one of them had massive personality. I have a large pair of Synspilum at the moment, and the male seems to have PMT most of the time, and can be very amusing to watch.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top