What Exact Fish Can Be Put Into A 10g?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

BWBettas

Bettas Eh?
Reaction score
Im thinking of a 10G FOWLR setup, now i still need to get a load of equipment (if anyone has any please pm me) but im trying to see what fish i can get. The exact names not like "Oh, you can have a goby or two maybe a flamefish" :) Thanks in advance!

Bret

I really do quite like the look of flamefish though :p anything i could put with them? and anyone else got suggestions?

Bret

I really do quite like the look of flamefish though :p anything i could put with them? and anyone else got suggestions?

Bret
Do you mean firefish by any chance?

I'd highly reccomend one if you are, i have a purple one and he looks great under the actinics :)
They are compatable with just about any other nano fish as well.

Yeah thats what i meant :) they are beautiful :D what other fish / shrimps can go with it?

bret

I'd go with something that moves about more like a clownfish so you get something interesting too watch.

Firefish don't move around too much they just tend to hang around somewhere by their favourite rock/hiding place so they can make a quick dart if need be.

I've got a purple firefish and clown and am happy with them :)
Which do you prefer the purple or red, i like them both and might get a red one as well

Well, my lfs only has the red one... ill be going in there tomorow. So ill write down the names of the ones i like and see which are suitable etc. and ill write down the prices of hardware :) will go spending... got £20 or round $40 to spend

www.aquarist-classifieds.co.uk

Click on Recent Added and then Onto Marine Fish or Aquariums. Check there now and again normally some bargains if your on student budget like me :good:

Just went in the shop and found some prices...

Live Rock: £8.80 a Kilo

But i didn't manage to get prices for these 3 fish. These are the labels that where on the tank with the firefish in.

Beaver Blenny
Shotsilk Goby
Dusky Jawfish...

Now, i don't think any of those are firefish :/

Are they?

Bret

Lol, thought so. I have the tank and heater :p if that helps!. My lfs does ready mixed RO saltwater... just gotta find out how much for a gallon of it :D they have live madagascan rock at £10 a kilo. How many kilos will i be looking for? would 5 kilo do?

Bret

5 is good, people usually get half of their gallonage I think, so yeah.

I would get a RO unit because over time the LFS water will add up.

then again I can get LR for £5 a kilo :shifty:

Most reactions

Back