What Do You Do

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

laurasmithuk

Fish Addict
Reaction score
i posted this in emergency section but not much response.

co2 has leaked into tank.... i did 50% water change anything else i can do? i have also added carbon and airstone as advised

Yes do a water change if the "yeast"has leaked into the tank, if you have injected co2 into the tank it would only matter at very high levels other than that i wouldnt worry about it, run an airstone if you have over done it.

i'l explain what i did.

i added extra yeast to the mix in cannister, when i went upstairs tank was ver cloudy so im not sure if its the mix that has gone in or extra co2? the water is very cloudy though.

if its the mix will it harm the fish?

i'l explain what i did.

i added extra yeast to the mix in cannister, when i went upstairs tank was ver cloudy so im not sure if its the mix that has gone in or extra co2? the water is very cloudy though.

if its the mix will it harm the fish?

Its the mix that has gone in do a large water change.

yes its probably the mixture, the the bottle tip over ?? these are the reasons why a second bubble counter/chamber is usefull :D

*water change ASAP!

Me thinks you put too much yeast in the bottle and the mixture was forced up the airline under pressure and into the tank.....i made the same mistake recently but spotted the mix travelling up the airline before it got to the tank. Lucky me.
There is a limit to the amount of yeast you can add safely. Learned through experience! ;)

Most reactions

Back