What Can I Do With This Tank?

Macko1968

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
166
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I'm not having much luck in selling my Osaka 155 tank so the wife has agreed I can keep it if I want.

All my community fish are in my trigon 190 so I fancy having something a bit different in the Osaka, perhaps a species spefic set-up? The tank is 155 litres, 61cm H x 61cm W x 41cm D & filtered with an Eheim 2224. My water has a PH of 7.4 & is medium hard.

I'd welcome any suggestions for what I could do with the tank.

thanks

Mick
 
how about marine?

or a cichlid tank? and aggressive type, like mbuna?

or even an oddball fish, like a snakehead :)
 
Marine is probably a step too far for me at the moment, I'm only 6 months in to keeping tropicals.

Mbuna apppeal to me but I was told at the LFS that the need a minimum 3ft long tank?

I'll investigate snakeheads today.

Thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated.
 
One thing I do fancy is a big shoal of green tiger barbs. I know these fish have a reputation, would I be able to have some julli corries in with them without any danger of the barbs chasing them?
 
No problems, they wouldnt take any notice of the cories.
 
How about 6 barbs, 5 or 6 cories and

an african butterfly fish (pantodon bucholtzi)

or 3 Golden Panchax

and a pair of smaller cichlids such as Rams or a single Angel or Firemouth.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top