What Are These?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pinkdolphin_113

Sinclair Aquatic Systems
Reaction score
i was just looking into my breeding net for my one remaining baby cory sterbai (dont kno where the other 2 have gone :/ ) and i found these;

3834409440a8977294722l.jpg

3834409440a8977294792l.jpg

a closer look maybe needed.
i have absaloutly no idea what they are! they aren't stuck on the net or the glass. i quished one to see if anything would happen and it popped! so my guess is they are some sort of eggs. but whos??

i have a pair of kribs (i kno they aren't theirs)
i have corys (i kno they aren't theirs)
a have neon tetras (??)
a have white clouds (??)
2 plecos but only one of each species
some ottos (i doubt they're theirs)
and shrimps (they carry their eggs dont they?)

they may not be eggs, but what else could they be??

thanks

i was just looking into my breeding net for my one remaining baby cory sterbai (dont kno where the other 2 have gone :/ ) and i found these;

3834409440a8977294722l.jpg

3834409440a8977294792l.jpg

a closer look maybe needed.
i have absaloutly no idea what they are! they aren't stuck on the net or the glass. i quished one to see if anything would happen and it popped! so my guess is they are some sort of eggs. but whos??

i have a pair of kribs (i kno they aren't theirs)
i have corys (i kno they aren't theirs)
a have neon tetras (??)
a have white clouds (??)
2 plecos but only one of each species
some ottos (i doubt they're theirs)
and shrimps (they carry their eggs dont they?)

they may not be eggs, but what else could they be??

thanks

they look similar to my white cloud eggs

have your white clouds been chasing and displaying a lot ?

Have you got any snails in your tank?
They look like snail eggs to me, i got loads in my tank

Have you got any snails in your tank?
They look like snail eggs to me, i got loads in my tank

I thought they may have been snail eggs as well but they aren't incased in any goo or anything.
in the breeding net is a baby cory so i kno what cory eggs look like and these are way too small.
i was thinking they may have been either the tetras or white clouds but i think both white clouds are male and i have only introduced them to the tank about a week ago so i don't think they'd be breeding.
these things are wedged between the glass and the net so i dont know why fish would spawn in such a tiny space if they are eggs lol im so confused!!
ill leave them a while but im 99% sure the eggs have died.

Hard to say based on the pic. If they're not eggs they could be baby snails or freshwater limpets. Although I have no idea why either of them would congregate on the breeding net.

Chances are they're the corys as they skatter eggs.

corys dont scatter eggs mate, they lay them in specific place. an egg scatter would be a tetra or something similair that literally just lets go of the eggs LOL

Actually they technically are egg scatterers. They use their fins to form a little pouch, and then release a few at a time in a number of different predetermined locations.

yea but cories like to lay their eggs on stuff like glass and leaves etc where as the definition of an egg scatterer is a fish that swims around while the eggs come out. such as goldfish or weather loaches (yes, ive spawned these :shifty: )

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back