What Are These Fish?

DarkSeraph

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Feb 23, 2006
Messages
85
Reaction score
0
Points
0
This is possibly the most beutiful freshwater tank I have seen http://www.fintastic.us/custom/150-freshwater.htm

What are the fish in there? I recognize the blood parrots, but not much else.


I'm currently in the process of setting up a 60 gallon tank, building a stand etc, and am trying to decide what fish I want in it. I currently run a small 10 gallon. Thanks for your help.
 
I can tell you that there are erm 4 silver dollars (the silver ones sorta in the middle together).
Quite a few of lovely tiger barbs (albino, green and normal)
The few fish right at the bottom in the middle laid on the gravel are pictus catfish.
There is one clown loach i can see.
I dont know what those big blue stripey fish are...probably some sort of oscar. They remind me of convicts.
Anyone any ideas?
The rest are just barbs and stuff like that. Cant see them properly.

Great tank tho! :D
 
The blue striped ones are a type of African cichlid.
 
Does it seem wierd to anyone else to pair some of those together?

What I mean is, the ciclids (the blue ones, blood parrots, and i think I see a couple small yellow ciclids) are normally at least semi aggressive, and would pick on smaller fish & plants. Whereas the silver dollars are pretty mild, and barbs are just a little nippy... Wouldn't you have problems putting all of these fish in one tank? And wouldn't a few of the larger more aggresive fish just take over the tank?

That tank is a 150 gallon tank, I'd obviously scale the numbers down for my tank :P
 
The blue striped ones are a type of African cichlid.

Yeah my lfs has some just like that i think its Eletric blue cichlid... but i think your right about the african part :)

But wow i really like those blood parrots... my lfs also just got some of those... if i had a tank to hold them i would be there right after my paycheck goes in :)
 
Just looked at the tank and to me it looks like they've just photoshoped different fish into the tank to make it look more interesting IMO I could be wrong however!
 
the blue fish..a type of oscar...HAHAHA, no im pretty sure they are Aulonocara stuartgranti. a type of african. beautiful fish
 
I don't think it's photoshopped, the shading on the sides of each of the fish is too perfect to easily replicate.

I think the tank is overstocked, and I was wary of some of their stocking choices to begin with. Some fairly mild mannered fish, to some fairly agressive fish. I still think some of the larger ciclids would take over the tank. :( Which sucks, I really like that tank
 
i dont think that is photo shoped.there are fish over laying and there is motion blur.its def overstocked with all the parrots.and the blue cichlids are Sciaenochromis fryeri.a very pretty cichlid and they are not as aggressive as most cichlids.my friend keeps them with a few misc fish
 
Which would most likely make the yellow fish Labidochromis Caeruleus. Wierd that they picked them so much smaller than the Electric Blue Hap.

Upon a little bit of research they are both semi-agressive, but like the holey rock off to the right of the pic.
 
You would be surpised how easy it is to photoshop stuff, adding in shadows etc
 
You would be surpised how easy it is to photoshop stuff, adding in shadows etc
Much easier just to toss all the fish together and take a photo, though, especially considering this is the website of a tank design service and they're trying to make their product look good. The tank is probably freshly set up. Have a look at this one, it's equally overstocked if not worse.
I believe all the plants in the first tank are fake as well.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top