What a great idea for cycling

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TY @Rocky998
Oops- I plead old age.

I run my own bio-farm when I need to cycle multiple tanks. I start it, when not in a rush, with Dr. Tim's One and Only. When I need to get a lot of tanks up quickly I will also add filter squeezings from cycled tanks. I know which of my tanks are healthy and not harboring anything.

A few summers back my club worked with Local 4H-Clubs ( https://4-h.org/ ) on a special project. We provided 10 gal tanks plus the needed equipment as well as live fish and plants to a small group pf a dozen kids 9-12 years old. We worked with the kids and their parents. I got Dr. Tanner (Swiss Tropicals) to donate 30 ppi Poret cubes and I cycled them with mulm included so the kids could set up and stock their tanks safely right away. It was a really nice project and I hope some of them will stay with fish for many tears. I even thing a few parents got interested.

Most club members tend to be very experienced hobbyists. I have been at this for 22+ years and and nowhere near being one of the club members in the hobby the longest. Depending into which tanks they are going, I will buy fish at our monthly club auction and not quarantine them.

I breed rare and expensive plecos, another member is a master discus breeder. One of our members is so well known as a breeder he is asked to speak at events and his fish always get snapped up at the club auctions. I know I would never ever sell/trade/give away a fish if there was even the remotest chance it was not healthy.

There is no substitute for live meetings and weekend fish events. There are no fish you can bring home from the metaverse.

Wait a minute, I can sell you some metafish, but they are very costly. You will need metafood, metawater, a metatank etc. I can sell you all of these things too, but they are not cheap. However, I want to be paid in real cash, please, no metamoney.

If you want to meet a meta metae you will have to go to the Río Meta in Colombia. That is the 'metaverse" for the metae.

Last night I saw upon the stair
The little man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today.
Damn, I wish he'd go away.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back