Weeping Moss (Vesicularia Ferriei 'weeping')

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

hensonc4098

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Plants: Weeping Moss (Vesicularia ferriei 'weeping')
Quantity for sale: 15+
Delivery or Collection: Either
Sales price: £4.50 for one golf ball sized clump + postage if required
Postage & Packaging: £2.50 - £3.50 dependant on quantity purchased
Photograph:
DSC_0563.jpg

DSC_0562.jpg

This had been growing as a carpet in my 180L tank however was getting too thick so I've thinned it out and so have got some to sell. As it has been used as a carpet and not weeping off of wood or whatever as it normally does, it is not quite so "bushy" as normal, as you can see by the pictures. However it is very healthy and will grow out if you want it to. The first picture shows the carpet as I had it out of the water - I just had it attached with string to some plastic mesh and it grew very well with minimal ferts.

It is not a common moss, I originally got it from TGM at £8 a lot, about the same size as what I'm selling on, so grab yourself a bargain!

Postage will be royal mail 1st class.

If you are buying 1 or 2 clumps, postage will be £2.50. 3-5 clumps will be £3 postage. 5+ clumps will be £3.50 postage. Postage to UK only.

Moss comes from a tank with a team of assassin snails so should be pest snail free.

Anything I've missed, please feel free to ask!
Thanks. :)

I'm not buying, but that is very healthy moss right there!

free bump and grab a bargain here peeps!

Hi could you hold 1 clump of this for me for 2 weeks ? currently switching back to tropical's just awaiting new external arriving then i'm good to go , If not it's no problem

Thanks
kizz

Can do. I'll try and keep it in as good shape as I can for you - I'll maybe try putting it back in the tank in a breeding net or something coz it's just all in a bucket with a lamp over it at the moment :lol: Just let me know when you're ready for it :)

Any left? What's this moss like for a moss wall?

Hey guys. Still got plenty left!

I used this as a moss carpet, but have seen it used as a moss wall quite well. As it hangs downwards when growing, it takes up less space in your tank but still looks really nice :)

How much do you have left? I'm making a moss wall about 25cm length by 15 height how much would you say it would take

I have plenty left (a whole bucket full!). I would say maybe 2 or 3 portions. I will have a look when I get home and spread some out to see what amount would be best :) Hard to think off the top of my head ;)

Ok thanks, how much would you do me 3 portions for

Most reactions

Back