Weapons Of Choice

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

-germ-

Rheophilic....
Reaction score
Top 3 maybe, hopefully i'll pick up a few interesting ideas, as will others....

Innis and Gunn Oak Aged Beer;
Drunk at room temperature, a top-hint of toffee and smooth finish, lovely. Every lady acquaintance of mie whos tried it has been plesantly surprised (was that a sexist comment? Sorry) Bland and practically flavourless when drunk cold though.

Herald Bohemian Black Lager;
Fairly rare and/or expensive in the UK, absolutely gorgeous Czech black lager, a full, mouth watering flavour with a good whack of treacle.

Rum, Coke and Vanilla;
Dark rum preferably, the vanilla rounds off the alcohol making for a superior and mellow drinking experience. I use vanilla essence (for baking, puddings) or a large dash of vanilla sugar. Yum.

:beer:

i'm still not of legal drinking age, but.. for a cheap drink,
bacardi and coke. :D

i do like the sound of your rum, coke and vanilla germ,
my fav is southern comfort with believe it or not 7up!
but i'm happy to settle for a cold lager lol

xXx

The vanilla one sounds nice, I'll have to try that some time. You could change that for any coke flavour that takes your fancy- cherry, almond, orange, lemon...

I'm a fan of plain Malibu (or a similar, cheaper brand) and coke. Yum.

Orange Tonic:

Bombay Sapphire Gin + Tonic + Essence of orange = amazingness

(you can make your own essence of orange by peeling the rine off of an orange and then adding that to a bit of tonic overnight.)

Lol, i don't mix drinks that often, but i have to say that i do love a shot or 2 of coconut flavour Malibu with lemonade every now and then :D .

Prepare a 2 quarts of either Country time or Crystal light (I use Crystal light, a cleaner taste) according to directions. Cut a large lemon in half. Slice one half into round slices. Squeeze the other half into the lemonade mix. Add the lemon slices. Serve on tall glass with ice cubes. Add a shot of whiskey, or more, and stir. I use Crown Royal Reserve. It is a variation on the Whiskey sour but you can serve it to more than one person. A very refreshing drink with just enough kick and less chemically tasting than Mike's hard lemonade.

I also make a Bloody Mary with V8, course ground pepper, real lemon juice, tobasco sauce (optional), vodka, and celery sticks for garnish. Now talk about a health conscious drink! :lol: I don't like the chemical taste that accompanies a lot of Bloody Mary mixes and I figure if I'm killing braincells by drinking, might as well help my brain by getting important anti-oxidents.

I also like German beer, wine, and tawny ports as well as various coffee and chocolate liquors. Rum and tequila do not agree with me, neither will I touch anise liquor or yagermeister (is that how you spell it?). That stuff is nasty.

I really don't drink that much, though.

llj

I figure if I'm killing braincells by drinking, might as well help my brain by getting important anti-oxidents.

Thats my excuse for drinking Guiness (all the iron it is supposed to contain) but now knowing it has fish blood as a component in its colourants, i drink it less....
Its spelt Jagermeister i think, with an accent over the first e.
Love tequila, used to drink it before school during my mis-spent youth, a true pick-me-up drink IMO.

If your looking at serious battle tactics ie drinking to get drunk, absinthe is ideal, drunk as a 'green fairy' cocktail;
Small jug full of room temperature water.
Put a sugar cube on a teaspoon and pour water from the jug, over the sugar lump very slowly into a glass containing a measure of absinthe, until the sugar is completely dissolved, then add a twist of lemon.
The pouring may seem like too much (it is after a few) but such is tradition.
Have you heard of absinthe? Its over-use was apparently the reason Van Gogh chopped his ear off, certainly an interesting, if not fairly dangerous drink. In fact i'm pretty sure true absinthe is banned in the USA.
:dunno:
Good when drunk properly though.

Another one is the super-sambuca which is blatantly vile but good for a serious night out and/or drinking competitions.
1 single sambuca
1 single black sambuca
1 single tequila
Knock back in one and get to the difficult business of walking straight.....

Rum, Coke and Vanilla;
Dark rum preferably, the vanilla rounds off the alcohol making for a superior and mellow drinking experience. I use vanilla essence (for baking, puddings) or a large dash of vanilla sugar. Yum.

:beer:

that sounds yummy

unfortunately years of over indulgence have left me able to drink very few things, you know when you get absolutely ratted on something make yourself poorly then can't touch the stuff again...... well pretty much all i can drink now is rose wine, vodka and lemonade and gin and tonic. :rolleyes:

ah well, i had A LOT of fun when i was younger!! :lol:

Its all down to the congeners (i have been drinking Innis and Gunn this morning, after a hard nights work of course :unsure: ) so my post may be a little erm... wobbly but....
Have you ever noticed that if you've had a bad night on a strong spirit, whisky for example, the smell from then after makes you want to vomit?
Yet however many abysmal nights you've had drinking vodka (a fairly clean spirit) you still manage to drink it again?
Thats congeners.....

-germ- bringing education to alcohol abuse.

Anyhow :yahoo: Wiggles!

Its all down to the congeners (i have been drinking Innis and Gunn this morning, after a hard nights work of course :unsure: ) so my post may be a little erm... wobbly but....
Have you ever noticed that if you've had a bad night on a strong spirit, whisky for example, the smell from then after makes you want to vomit?
Yet however many abysmal nights you've had drinking vodka (a fairly clean spirit) you still manage to drink it again?
Thats congeners.....

-germ- bringing education to alcohol abuse.

Anyhow :yahoo: Wiggles!

lol, well you learn something new everyday don't you!!!

coming on msn?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back