Water Temperature?

Sea Turtle

Fish Crazy
Joined
May 18, 2007
Messages
358
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Stratford, Connecticut
Hi everyone. I have a small freshwater tank upstairs with one fish in it. Recently as most of you know, it has been very hot outside. :devil: With my saltwater tnak, it likes the water temp aaround 78 to 81. This is not a problem right now with the heat being the way it is with a little AC on in the house. My problem is the little guy upstairs. How hot is too hot for a freashwater tank? What should I keep the temp at? Normally I keep it at 72 degrees.
 
my 10 gallon fry tank went up to almost 84. I know that can't be good, but my 55 gallon was fine. I took the lid off the fry tank and it seemed to drop a bit. I also did 2 water changes with cold water to try to even it out before i went to bed.
 
my 10 gallon fry tank went up to almost 84. I know that can't be good, but my 55 gallon was fine. I took the lid off the fry tank and it seemed to drop a bit. I also did 2 water changes with cold water to try to even it out before i went to bed.
So do think that 78 degrees is ok or is that too high also?
 
what fish is in it? may help people to help you if they know what it is as diffrent fish tollerate diffrent temps
 
my 10 gallon fry tank went up to almost 84. I know that can't be good, but my 55 gallon was fine. I took the lid off the fry tank and it seemed to drop a bit. I also did 2 water changes with cold water to try to even it out before i went to bed.
So do think that 78 degrees is ok or is that too high also?

dont worry m8 my tank sits at around 80-82 and all my fish are fine and healthy also never had any dieseases niether :)(Touch Wood)lol


jen
 

Most reactions

Back
Top