Water Temperature

jr1104

New Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2006
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Now that we are nearing Summer hear in Britain, the temperatures are starting to get constantly high. I have noticed that on my fish tank thermometer, it is off the top of the scale (above 86). I have checked my heater and the thermostat is set to 80, which is what the temp normaly is. I am assuming that it is the sun that is causing this excess heat, and is there anything I can do about it? My tank is never in direct sunlight, although my room usually is.
 
are you sure your heater is not faulty?maybe try turning it to 78 to balance it or lower if need be
 
I have tried unplugging it there, and I will see if the temperature drops.
 
Must be faulty heater. Summer in england would be like winter here in Australia. and if your tank gets that hot over there, then in summer here my tank would almost reach boiling point haha.
 
not necesarly so my father in law has a 8 foot marine tank and has an aircon unit directed on the tank to keep the temprature down as durring hot weather the temp of the tank rises without the heater on but this is because of every thing connected to the tank like the uv unit and the lights as they all contribute to heat which in turn raises the temprature
 
It was to do with the heater, and not the weather. I had changed the temp, but the thermostat wasn't moving freely, but I've had got it to work, and the temp is down to 82 now. Still, the sun is still out and I'm enjoying it.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top