Mollybreeder
Fish Fanatic
Well I have been recently having trouble with my 10 gallon tank's water quality. It has been very very cloudy over the past few weeks and I couldnt figure out what it was. My water chemistry is PERFECT so it couldnt be that...I dont have an algae problem...but I think it could be my tap water...it is literally loaded with minerals and they are encrusted on top of my heater cap and filter. Its a white/greenish crust that washes off with water. So I went to my grocery store and bought 10 gallons of distilled water. I did a 25% water change and added four gallons of distilled water to the tank. It is now only faintly cloudy and getting better. Do you think i did the right thing and my water will clear up?
Thanks,
Jeremy
Thanks,
Jeremy
The two left are life companions and i do not think i need more
i used to use bottled spring water in my tanks; if you live in the US, all water that is labled "Spring Water" must retain the exact chemical make-up of its source. which means it has to have the same minerals and chemicals as the stream, just none of the icky germs.
)






