Water Change/fish

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

mattrock

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
ello all

im jus wondering whats the most water i can change in 1 go iv got 125L tank and takes 5 25g drums so could i change 3 at most? or is 2 enough as i dont wana kill fish or coral etc

the other Q i have is iv got

1 tom clown fish
2 green chromis
2gold and blue damsels

id like to get 2-3 Royal Gramma basslets will these b ok with the others as i know there semi aggresive

cheers matt

ello all

im jus wondering whats the most water i can change in 1 go iv got 125L tank and takes 5 25g drums so could i change 3 at most? or is 2 enough as i dont wana kill fish or coral etc

1 tom clown fish
2 green chromis
2gold and blue damsels

id like to get 2-3 Royal Gramma basslets will these b ok with the others as i know there semi aggresive

cheers matt

Typicly people change 20 to 25% but if the water parameters are the same and the temp is the same you can chage 100%. Unless there is a specific problem it is not normaly neccisary to change 100%.
Don T.

ello all

1 tom clown fish
2 green chromis
2gold and blue damsels

cheers matt

Typicly people change 20 to 25% but if the water parameters are the same and the temp is the same you can chage 100%. Unless there is a specific problem it is not normaly neccisary to change 100%.
Don T.
I would not recommend changing 100% of the tank water as you would most likely reset the cycle of the tank most likely killing everything in it.

ello all

1 tom clown fish
2 green chromis
2gold and blue damsels

cheers matt

Don T.
I would not recommend changing 100% of the tank water as you would most likely reset the cycle of the tank most likely killing everything in it.
its not the water thats cycled its the filters :good:

The bacteria isn't in the water so theoretically you could change 100% of the water - it lives in your sand, rock etc.

However, the only time you would do a huge water change would be if you had serious water quality issues - so as already said most people do a 20% water change weekly or every ten days. Would get mighty expensive to change 100% of the water on a regular basis! :good:

Seffie x

:fish:

you can change most of the water if you like.

Just make 100% sure that if you change a lot thet the SG is the same - leave it for a couple of hours to make sure that its all dissolved.
Temp needs to be the same aswel or you are going to stress your fish.

Out of interest why would you want to change os much. High nitrates?

Most reactions

Back