Wal-Mart ending fish sales.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

It sounds like they need to hire better staff or a manager that knows what to do :)

Every boss I have had in a pet shop has always said, clean the tanks. If you have nothing to do, go clean the tanks. If you weren't doing something, go clean the tanks. It's all they ever said, clean the tanks. Perhaps we need to send some Australian bosses to the US to order the staff around :)
Those Australian bosses would scream, throw their hands up and tear out their hair if they had to deal with American workers. Despite what our much ballyhooed politicians here in the good old USA say, the average American worker is lazy, inept and unmotivated. The work ethic is not dying, it is dead. Now I better go hide for having said that.

I agree probably at least 95% my co-workers coming to work smelling like pot... Another 3% smell like liquor.

While in nursing school, I worked in the Human Resource Dept. at a hospital. I was amazed at how many people came in to apply for a job smelling heavily of pot. I would do the initial screening with the applicant and then refer them on to the HR Director if they seemed to be a candidate for a position. I finally got to where if they came in smelling of pot, I would tell them I smelt it and suggest they go home and clean up.

I work in a city that is within the top 25 most dangerous cities in the states according the FBIs website. And maybe this is profiling but I doubt there's a single customer from this town that comes into the store not under some sort of substances influence. A couple towns over is a tourist trap and I can't even count the number of times that an out-of-state Tourist/vactioner will ask me if the store is always like this and that they don't feel safe being there. Anywho back on the topic of fish, I picked up another betta from the store and apparently one of my co-workers mom breed's angelfish as well as having several community tanks and she's going to pick up all the corydoras since they're like a $1.40 each... the handheld we have in the store can tell us how many of an item were supposed to have in stock, same goes for the fish. To put in perspective and how bad Walmart is with fish, according to the handheld we are supposed to have 68 neon tetras in stock, we have zero... And for us at least the last day of fish sales is going to be August 3rd

I agree probably at least 95% my co-workers coming to work smelling like pot... Another 3% smell like liquor.

While in nursing school, I worked in the Human Resource Dept. at a hospital. I was amazed at how many people came in to apply for a job smelling heavily of pot. I would do the initial screening with the applicant and then refer them on to the HR Director if they seemed to be a candidate for a position. I finally got to where if they came in smelling of pot, I would tell them I smelt it and suggest they go home and clean up.
And do we even need to talk about chronic absenteeism ? How in the world is anyone able or allowed to not show up for work and many times not even call in and still keep their job ? Not just once or every so often but continually. Back when I started out in the work force, in the '70's, that would have got you only one thing. Your last check.

Okay, I'm up on my soapbox. This thread is taking a direction that is not appropriate to this forum thanks to me but I just got to say this. Pot is not the benign substance its proponents would have you believe. Bottom line, it is a tranquilizer. Those who use it like that slow stupid feeling they get. This flirtatation with pot legalization is not going to end well. Down the road this country is going to have a bunch of drips running it and working it. Okay, I'm alright now and slowly climbing down off my soapbox.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back