Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
PLEASE VOTE!
vote-totm.png

We have 7 worthy entrants for Fishforums' November Tank of the Month Contest. View all the tanks and descriptions below and then go to top of page and click on your choice for TOTM

It’s best to view these awesome tanks on a computer screen or a tablet instead of a small phone screen.

Winner will get a neat "Tank of the Month Winner" banner in his profile area and will be featured in a "TOTM Winner" thread for all to see and to comment on.

Please DO NOT post any comments about specific tanks in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted. This thread will be cleaned up occasionally for best readability.

Poll will close on November 14th at 6:07 pm EST. We at fishforums.net thank you for your participation.

Last edited:
803FF86F-C3D5-406D-A551-99ACE1E86C1A.jpeg

Size: 48.5 x 14.5 x 25 (76.1gUS - figure this to be more than the actual filled volume with glass thickness, substrate, decor etc but I bought secondhand and those are the outside dimensions of the glass)
Temp: 76
GH: 4 dGH
PH: 7.6

Fish:
12 x Tiger Barb
8 x Bronze Corydoras
1 x Bristlenose Pleco “Plucky”

Food Stuffs: Omega One Frozen Blood Worms x 1 split between tanks once a week, Blanched Zuchini/pea/vegetable once every two weeks, API bottom feeder shrimp pellets 1-2 six days out of the week, Omega One Veggie Rounds 1 tablet six days out of the week, Omega One Freshwater Flakes 6 days out of the week

Plants:
Anubias Barteri
Atlandsberg Sword
Java Fern
Valisneria
Java Fern Windelov
Elodea Anarchis
Cryptocoryne Wendtii Green
Marimo Moss Ball
Tall Hairgrass

Equipment:
JY-O3 Surface Skimmer
70 Aquaclear
HW304-B SunSun Canister Filter
GOOBAT Adjustable Titanium 300W Heater
48” Vivagrow LED 24/7 Light

I have had tank since July 29, 2019. Substrate is play sand. It has six pieces of driftwood, three cichlid stone hides, and a faux log tunnel.

1EE082A9-908B-44FC-9367-4C78B3B972FA.jpeg

TANK & SETUP

103L x 46W x 62H, 263.8L/77.6G(US)
Filters are AquaOne Nautilus 2700UVC & an AquaOne Maxi 102F internal filter with the air filter. The lighting includes a 10.0 UVB light and a PetWorx 36W blue/clear LED light. Heater is a 200W AquaOne

FISH

9 x Swordtails (3 pregnant females)
8 x Goldfish
3 x Empire Gudgeons
6 x Corys ( 2 x bronze, 2 x albino, 2 x pepper)
2 x Chinese algae eaters
1 x Siamese algae eater
2 x Bristlenose (1 x albino and 1 x peppermint)
1 x Cray

They eat a range of everything. Pisces tropical flakes, Tetra freezer dried bloodworms, sinking algae waffles and frozen bloodworms. I also add a variety of fruits and veggies 2 times a week eg. Rockmelon, cucumber and zucchini.The goldfish and the algae eaters go crazy for it.

PLANTS & ORNAMENTS

There is a range of Val and Elodea that bed in a flooring of Riversand. I have Calgrit mixed in the riversand to help with the PH level and also calcium. No fertiliser is used.
There is a Volcano rock and 2 half Japanese huts.

LEVELS

PH: sits around 7.0 - 7.5
Ammonia. 0.0
Nitrate: 80 - 160ppm (a bit to high but correcting now)
Nitrite: 0.0
GH: 180ppm
KH: 40ppm

Last edited by a moderator:
DSC_3368_resize_67.jpg
My over grown jungle type 200L tank.

Situated next to the patio doors so gets lots of natural light, green algae blossoms on the glass which is not a problem for me. The shrimps, Mt's and nerite love it.
I used to keep it neat, but decided to let it grow crazy. No ferts, except a root tab every six months, black flourite gravel on one side for the amazon's, and flourite black sand on the other where the java is.
10% water changes everyday, 2 internal filters, one with spray bar attached to create surface movement and water flow towards the back wall, the other situated on the left of tank for near bottom water movement.
Habitants include,
RCS, MTS
one nerite
Cory bronze Around 15
One SAE
One lonely glo light, I had a group, but they got old and I'm not getting anymore.

Plants
Java fern
Moss ball
Anubias
Amazon sword
Java moss
R moss
Lots of drift wood with moss attached. Black trash bag sellotaped to the outside of the back tank wall, that and the black substrate make the plants pop.

Tank is 18 months old and a downgrade, waiting for the passing of the glolight and then getting some lampeyes.
Overall an easy out of Control tank that looks pretty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ec5hFMU6_35iI-fX8RU3RmIsQea0hjkIV9dUKklVxP6W2jUejEBgEAGPDA1LkIdP1OJxJ-ljNklI7SbB7EbHbI7iXun5Ed_ZWr04nG9kCQ4wWHM__Vnwa9E14Xjf-0lCM5VY01Gb_gyrEFJgYw9I8Mrz1Fi0bFDgb91u6pJa8iLgUFCFPVXtpDM8XO0zoVuKZ-khVkJPUHwvyUD6D_TeMPhhqgKQLvfEV5H-bH1mMIjV9A7G7tZ8GxU6eQ2fH7tz9CcL2GtoSqNuUUO1sV56Af_XwKUc7asu8tk0C7kL_3F8USwGYD8Az6IGy2Di6EfqmtVNU_SNx7PMDYwsPME-RwgdUclqmZm7yVi5d4wDV616LweMkxqz-2v2uWHIr6Z8Uy4KnbsJmM4ITs-P_ir9S3XUljK3Ftq75k_Aq0_VR905QFhb90mbwYUmvzdZmNSju0xL7g7Gg5gYm_VtphdjoQmu9_-VW8GrrDkHGbXSDdYNZOLuhQEtIA63zkhCoEiTIBnpOJuGEVmBwYcYp6JuKsbSVLuf1O8Ist9GIo5rRB-73oGKH-p55b0be2I1LYSlNSRKB79eehdQGopdtspanFfyLsACccDhlcFDhpkroqvJQzswHXGyBOaWSLTPQ1yeH00LxPhJDITosQxwghTkFdCl7drQN0LmQq9npqYCbTkD8aVll7mbdBI=w3648-h1680-no

My aquarium contains the following: Yoyo loaches, Corydoras Amandajanea, Angelfish, Cardinal tetras, Platys, Zebra Danios, Pearl Gouramis, Honey Gouramis and Dwarf Gouramis. The tank also contains 6 Zebra Nerite snails.

My tank is a Fluval Roma 240 litre with a Fluval 307 external filter, a Fluval 300watt heater and Fluval Aquasky 2.0 30watt led lighting.

The tank is planted with Java moss, Amazon Swords, Vallisneria(jungle) and Ambulia(asian marshweed) and a few small foreground plants I don't know the names of.

The temperature is 25.1C and water parameters are as follows: PH7.0 Ammonia 0 Nitrites 0 Nitrates are around 5 to 10.

Decorations are some Mopani wood, A very large resin castle and a resin tree root. I also have a printed aquarium background poster.

Last edited:
image.jpeg
This is my 20 gallon high tank. It was set up hastily October 23, 2019 for one pair of Pachypanchax playfairii that were due to arrive the next day. They did and you can't see them in this very poor picture because the male, who is the larger of the pair, is but 3/4 of an inch long. The substrate is Flourite black sand. Plants are Vesicularia dubyana (Java Moss) and floating Java Fern. One large sponge filter, a snazzy thermometer and a 100 watt heater complete interior decor. You may have noticed the exquisite artwork adorning the back. This is the work of master photographer Monsieur Pets'Mart. This unique and stunning display is perched upon a sturdy metal stand crafted in China exclusively for Mr. Sam Walton. A glass top covers the top without lighting. Ambient room light satisfies its occupants who hail from the Seychelles Islands in the Indian Ocean. This exotic locale features forest streams covered in vegetation and my well thought out species biotope mimics this in the finest detail right down to the 74 degree Farhenheit water. Some may see a bleak and stark aquarium but when I gaze into its depths I am instantly transported to lands a world away.

Hello all! Here's my tank again!
tonk.png

This is my ten gallon betta tank! It has been running since last December, so almost a year now!
This tank is inhabited by one female Betta and about five orange cherry shrimp. (If you look very closely underneath the smaller piece of driftwood on the rock, you may be able to see a little orange blob which I think is a shrimp. Maybe not.)

The plants in here are: Amazon sword, Marimo moss balls, S.repens, Hygrophila polysperma, Hydrocotyle japan, Anubias, Nymphoides taiwan, a teeny tiny patch of glossostigma and a small clump of Hygrophila siamensis 53b. (It's a tissue culture so it's still very small)

The wood in the tank came from a lake, there are alder cones and what look like walnuts in there. I actually have no idea what kind of nut they are because I got them from a beach.

The temperature is at 78-79 f consistently and the filter is a Topfin Silenstream 10. (It came with the starter kit) The fish living in here, Jeanette Michelle Lucien Corentin Anne Fleur Oceane Lauren Pierre Marie III, is fed frozen bloodworms and Fluval Bug Bites.

View attachment 94903
My aquarium 2.jpg

I have competed with this tank before but it has gone through some drastic changes since then so thought I'd enter it again as it's pretty different in my opinion.....

Tank Specs:
Size - 100L x 57H x 43W (cm)
230 litre or 60 gallons
For filtration I use the Aqua one Aquis 1200. The heater is a 200w tetra heater. For lighting I use four clip on desk lights with LED bulbs (17w 6500k).

Parameters:
PH - 7.5-8.0
GH - 15
KH - 15
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 10 ppm
Potassium - 7ppm
Phosphate - 0.25-0.5 ppm

Plants:
Crinum calamistratum
Cryptocoryne aponogetifolia
Cryptocoryne crispatula
Cryptocoryne Wendetti
Vallisneria
Anubias
Java fern
Bacopa carolina
Hydrocotyle leucocephala
Two species of stem plant located in the front left and back right that I can't remember their names for the life of me...

Fish:
- 2 proven pairs (4 fish) of Angelfish. The blue pair will be given to a friend of mine soon. These fish were locally bred in our nasty hard water and I've raised 6 up from dime size until they paired off.
- 3 Ancistrus + some fry
- 6 old Neon tetras
- 9 Black phantom tetras
- 6 Bronze corydoras saved from a pet store (they've bred and I successfully raised 4 fry from 6 eggs. Those four fry are still growing out but will join their parents in a week or two)
- 50 (approx) Assasin snails.

-The breeder box contains some mystery snail babies being grown out (the parents live in another tank) as well as 10 Ancistrus fry.

*note - the tetras are soon to be re-homed and replaced with swordtails... Going to have one angelfish pair among a group of red swordtails

Food:
Omega One color mini pellets
Omega One Shrimp pellets
Dennerle PlecoMenu

Maintenance:
Weekly filter cleaning - Cleaning sponges and pre-filter in aquarium water, emptying canister filter.
Weekly water change of 75-80%

Used to gravel vac, but the aquarium is so densely planted now and has so many assassin snails digging around the substrate I don't feel the need to anymore.

Last edited:
END OF ENTRIES: Slowly scroll up as your review the 7 entries and then cast your vote in the poll at the top of this topic.

Our Pet of the Month contest will be starting up once voting ends for TOTM. Take a picture of your pet (no fish allowed) and be ready to enter POTM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back