Vote Now!...March 2020 Tank of the Month (Nano tanks only)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

VOTE NOW for March 2020 Tank of the Month

• Michelle 150

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Munroco

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • Velatelen

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Barry Tetra

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Cromid

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • ElissaBee

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • JuiceBox52

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • thuctoanvietnamese

Votes: 4 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
POLL IS NOW CLOSED!
PLEASE VOTE!
vote-totm.png

We have 8 entries for Fishforums' March 2020 Tank of the Month Contest. View all the tanks and descriptions below and then go to top of page and click on your choice for TOTM

It’s best to view these awesome tanks on a computer screen or a tablet instead of a small phone screen.

Winner will be awarded a neat "Tank of the Month Winner" banner in his profile area and will be featured in a "TOTM Winner" thread for all to see and to comment on.

Please DO NOT post any comments about specific tanks in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted. This thread will be cleaned up occasionally for best readability.

Poll will close on March 12th at 7:56 PM EST. We at fishforums.net thank you for your participation.

Last edited:
Hi all I am very new on here and I thought that I would enter tank of the month.
C5ED2270-F23F-4699-8AF5-7B9301B06F3A.jpeg

I have a 60 litre tank which has been up and running now for 4 about months now.

In my tank I have 2 mollies male and female, 2 ghost widows, 1 tiger barb, 1 angel fish, 1 gourami, 2 tiger loach, 1 Pleco and 5 tetras.

I do a water change every 4 weeks, Feeding, shrimps and blood worms and flakes mix it up change around, feeding every over day.
Water change with aquarium salt.
Thank has a few plastic plants a ship and a few moss balls.

Nitrite is 0
Nitrate is
Ph is 7
Gh is 180
Kh is 5
Tank temperature is 77F/25C

Last edited by a moderator:
totm.jpg

This is my glass jar (drinks dispenser) It's probably a bit less than a gallon and has sand and shrimp substrate on the bottom. It contains a a couple of small pieces of bogwood, a variety of plants from my other tanks, two male cherry shrimp, the usual seed shrimp, and a load of pond snails. It has been running about 6 months and needs trimmed regularly. No heater or filter (The light warms the water as well as giving me great plant growth).

After a couple decades away from the hobby I set this Five gallon up four month ago. My substrate is pea gravel. The five larger rocks I scavenge from a field at my job as well as the orange tree root fragment. There are a handful of wild caught glass shrimp a merited snail in there some where. The fish are a trio of Endler males and a rescue guppy female (she doesn’t seem to produce eggs anymore :().
327C9A9A-A88C-43DF-8B9F-EBC6E2D7A2FC.jpeg

Hello this is my new 5 gallons betta tank
Water parameters: Ammonia 0 nitrite 0 Nitrate about 3
Heating: No heater (temp: 31C)
Plants: Anubias, Java fern and moss ball
Stocking: Betta and 2 nerite snails (they like to live together in that house) Thanks for watching :)
B1976F5B-E032-47A7-8CAB-C76FE9D9B753.jpeg

March 2020 TFF TOTM
IMG_20200302_103241.jpg

Hey guys, this is my first ever tank as I'm new to the hobby. About a month old, its a 60l long tank, 80cm in length. Heavily planted from day one with Bacopa, Java Fern, willow moss, Hair Grass, Sag and some floating Sal. Sand and aquarium soil substrate. Three pieces of bogwood in varying sizes to give plenty of hiding spaces but also free swimming room and a few decorate rocks/pebbles.
Using a interpret pf2 filter as it's a longer tank and has a nice aeration setting.
Lighting Nicrew Led system, has a 24 hour cycle to mimic daylight, night, dusk and dawn. It's awesome.
Temp 24/25c
Soft water with a pH fluctuating between 6.5/7.5
Ammonia 0 nitrite 0, nitrate about 4

Currently stocking
5 amano shrimp
6 peppered cories
5 harlequin rasbora (will add another 5 next week)
And then looking to add either 2 honey gourami, or maybe even a single male Betta if parameters allow.

Doing 40% water changes every week. And topping up throughout.

img_20200303_000357-jpg.98713

9.7 gallon ElissaBee.jpg

Here is my planted nano tank! Started this tank in July 2019.

Specs:
9.7 gallon Landen rimless
Finnex Planted+ 24/7 LED
Finnex Fugeray Clip-on LED
Marineland HOB Biowheel Filter
Injected CO2
Heater and pump

Ferts:
NA Thrive half pump, 3x per week
Flourish Excel 1 capful, 3x per week

Other additives:
Seachem Equilibrium as needed

Water parameters:
Not sure at the moment, I ran out of test strips!

Water changes: 10-15% per week

Plants:
Left side, front to back: Tiger lotus
Background center: Ludwigia repens
Background right: Bacopa caroliniana
Foreground right: Cryptocoryne undulata
Foreground center: Lobelia cardinalis
Foreground left of center: Hydrocotyle verticillata
Center midground: Java moss on wood

Inhabitants:
3 male guppies (2 young, 1 juvenile)
4 Galaxy rasbora
4 Norman's lampeye killifish
2 Amano shrimp
4-5 Neo-cardinia various colors
1 Mystery snail

Last edited:
20200302_170638.jpg

This is my 10 gallon filterless fry tank.
Inhabitants: ×7 4 month old guppy fry (3 males, 4 females) and x4 swordtail fry (1 male, 3 females)

Plants and decor:
2 Marimo moss balls
A large amount of other moss. Not sure what types
1 store bought rock decoration
Bubbles!

Water changes: 70% every week
Temp: 78 degrees Fahrenheit
Water quality:
Ammonia 0
Nitrates 0
Nitrites 10
Ph roughly 7

I have had this tank for 4 years. It was the first tank I ever bought, the one that got me obsessed with this hobby. My great grandfather gave me quite a bit of money for Christmas and told me to get something worthwhile. I told my mum that I wanted to get an aquarium. of course I imagined a really big one, but I got a 10g and worked my way up from there.

wrw.JPG

THIs is my 2 gallon planted tank
I set up it a month ago
I keep red cherry shrimp and a couple of Vietnamese cardinal minnow it it
substrate is Aquafy's sand
filter is a sobo606h
plant:Sagittaria Subulata,dwarf hairgrass,anubias,unknown kind of moss,rotala,green crypt,duckweed

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back