View it as it happens

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Lynnzer

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I'm just playing around with a live-stream of my big tank so I can keep an eye on it when I'm not at home.
I have a good number of things still to do with the tank and I intend to place a webcam in a better position with full frontal view.
That said, if you wish to view it when I have the stream switched on, you can watch it on Twitch.
At present the tank holds 5 amazingly colourful dwarf neon rainbowfish, 5 silver tip tetra, 2 rummynose, 4 small panda cory, a pair of triple red appistogram and half a dozen black skirt tetras.
It's a bit overstocked at present but a hell of a lot less so than on Monday when I took a 6" bristlenose, 5 gouramis and 4 zebra loach back to the LFS. All of them were added at a time when the tank was newish and most fish were juvenile with lots of growth to achieve.
Anyway, it is what it is for now. Maybe a new tank to swap some fish into later on. Wife permitting of course.
Enjoy folk and how about more Twitch channels of similar set-ups?
Oh, for reasons of personal privacy, the site won't be live all the time so just keep dropping in to check.
I may also swap the webcam over to show another tank from the ones I have upstairs.

I'm running my second webcam in the upstairs back bedroom with the dwarf rasbora tank showing today. Let me know if you can't see it, as I have very little experience of using Twitch,

Ah. As I said, I don't really Twitch. I know I have the laptop set up downstairs where my big tank is, then the webcam upstairs can be moved to any of 4 other tanks. I just moved it again to my 60ltr tank with an assortment of other fish in it. See if you can identify them, The labels are on the bottom edge of the tank if you can zoom in.

Ah. As I said, I don't really Twitch. I know I have the laptop set up downstairs where my big tank is, then the webcam upstairs can be moved to any of 4 other tanks. I just moved it again to my 60ltr tank with an assortment of other fish in it. See if you can identify them, The labels are on the bottom edge of the tank if you can zoom in.
I could see the tank but not the labels, still super cool though! Maybe try bigger writing :)
I'm not too good with the identifying fish, I'm really new to the hobby.

I still get unsatisfactory nitrate/nitrite readings in my dwarf rasbora tank so I'm still changing 50% of the water twice a day until things settle down. It's a new tank but had a filter taken from another tank put in so I would have thought that the beneficial bacteria would be OK to deal with things. It lookslike they just can't right now.
So I just did another 50% water change with bottled water and squeezed another filter out into the tank to give it a boost. The water looks a little murky until the free-floating sponge filter squeezed particles get taken in by the tank's own filter or settles into the substrate gravel.

Very cool! I will view it when its light out!

The webcam is pointing to my new aquascaped tank right now. It has just completed it's fishless cycle and I introduced 6 chili rasboras and 6 blue velvet shrimp into it last night.
The lights won't be on for an hour or so, but daylight may well give some viewing potential in the meantime as the sun's just about coming up.

I added 10 CPD's, 8 dwarf rasboras and 4 panda corys, plus 4 crystal red shrimp.
I won't be adding anything else. The tank isn't overcrowded and the fish are exploring every square inch, especially since I dumped a helping of live baby brine shrimp in for them to chase. The bioload from so small a group of miniature fish can't be up to much as all.
Here's the link again.

How do I enter the TOTM contest? I think I stand a chance with this tank

I think its super cool that you set up a webcam on your tank! I love those corys you added! Their adorable!

How do I enter the TOTM contest? I think I stand a chance with this tank

When a Tank of the Month is open for entries you'll see a banner at the top of the page. The current contest is Fish of the Month, so that's the banner at the moment. Clicking on the banner takes you to the entry thread. Make sure you follow the instructions in the introduction post.

There are 3 types of Tank of the Month contest, varying for tank size - up to 16 US gallons, 17 to 30 gallons and 31 gallons and above. You may need to wait until there is a contest for your tank size.

our May TOTM contest is for tanks sized at 31 gallons and larger.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back