Vienna emerald DS guppies

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I avoided opening this thread, because I'm trying not to get any more guppies... and I knew if I clicked this, being your fish, that they'd be gorgeous and I'd want some!

I was right.

Those colours!! Such gorgeous males, with those long tails too! I do want some! :D

I watched the video the whole way through, and have to admit giggling at about 20 seconds in. This female appears in shot, and she looks pretty gravid when you see her side on. But then when she turns to face the camera... LOL! Poor girl looks ready to pop!

Nice to see the fish from above too. Really demonstrates the range of colours the males have.

I avoided opening this thread, because I'm trying not to get any more guppies... and I knew if I clicked this, being your fish, that they'd be gorgeous and I'd want some!

I was right.

Those colours!! Such gorgeous males, with those long tails too! I do want some! :D

I watched the video the whole way through, and have to admit giggling at about 20 seconds in. This female appears in shot, and she looks pretty gravid when you see her side on. But then when she turns to face the camera... LOL! Poor girl looks ready to pop!

Nice to see the fish from above too. Really demonstrates the range of colours the males have.
i really like the spiky tail!

I was right.

Well, today I had our meeting of our national society of livebearers. I'm a board member overthere, So, in way I'm expected to be there. I've traded a fair number of these vienna emeralds for some Xiphophorus variatus La laguna. That's a wild variatus platy species. I needed some fresh blood and the other breeder wanted to have those vienna emeralds very badly. So, we traded them.

Well, today I had our meeting of our national society of livebearers. I'm a board member overthere, So, in way I'm expected to be there. I've traded a fair number of these vienna emeralds for some Xiphophorus variatus La laguna. That's a wild variatus platy species. I needed some fresh blood and the other breeder wanted to have those vienna emeralds very badly. So, we traded them.

Would it be too off-topic to ask your advice about where someone like me, in the UK, should look for healthy guppies if I were to be looking for some again? I'm very wary of mass-produced, fish shop mutt guppies now - don't seem terribly healthy or hardy, often seem to come with a heavy worm burden, not very well bred - you know the problems.

Buying online at a place like Ebay, doesn't seem much more reliable either.

Would you suggest looking to join livebearer society type groups? Would they mind if someone who isn't a breeder was just looking to source nice looking, healthy guppies to keep?

Would it be too off-topic to ask your advice about where someone like me, in the UK, should look for healthy guppies if I were to be looking for some again? I'm very wary of mass-produced, fish shop mutt guppies now - don't seem terribly healthy or hardy, often seem to come with a heavy worm burden, not very well bred - you know the problems.

Buying online at a place like Ebay, doesn't seem much more reliable either.

Would you suggest looking to join livebearer society type groups? Would they mind if someone who isn't a breeder was just looking to source nice looking, healthy guppies to keep?
You could try to contact the BLA. That's the Britisch livebearer association. There must be serious guppy breeders amongst them. It could be that Bill Galbally is connected to this society. He's mr.Guppy in the UK.

Most reactions

trending

Back