Very Cloudy Water...irritated By It!

FiSh123FiSh

Fishaholic
Joined
Jul 9, 2007
Messages
537
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Location
Reading, UK
Hi
I put a large flint in my cichlid tank thinking it would look nice...but two days later the water became cloudy. I changed the filter and did a 25% water change also taking the flint out. I was wondering what could make the cloudyness go away. Also the water is 9.0 alkali which i know limestone increases the alkalinity in water. Luckily they are cichlids which like quite alkali water not discus!! I did wash the flint and there are some pics.
picture001vh4.jpg
[/img]

Thanks Tom
 
I have slate....thats what they told me anyway.
I have heard of people putting flint sand in their cichlid tanks
 
if you didn't give the flint a good scrub, it can cloud the water.
 
try putting some filter wool in your filter , it should catch all the little particles and might improve the quality of the water!
 
The cloudyness is still there and i am getting very frustrated trying to get it out. I have done loads of water changes and cleaned the filter a few times. You cannot see anything in there :crazy:

please could someone tell me how to fix it!

regards Tom.
 
When I was rearanging my tank, I disturbed the gravel and it made my tank go really cloudy.

When I bought my filter, It had a polyester insert that I placed within the existing filter and cleared the water in a few days. It may be worth seeing if you lfs stocks them. The packaging does say - removes very small particles from water - must only be used for maximum 2 weeks.
 
When I set up my 300 litre I added Coral sand and didnt wash it properlly, I couldnt even see into the tank....I was advised to wait so I did and after 4 days it started to clear alot......Just gotta be patient
 

Most reactions

Back
Top