Venturing Into The Whole World Series Four- <waterfall>

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Yep - looks like filter floss ! :nod: But that surely can't stay clean and crispy white like that ? :unsure:

Yep - looks like filter floss ! :nod: But that surely can't stay clean and crispy white like that ? :unsure:

He propbably added it when he took the photo, it wont have stayed nice and white I wouldn't have thought! Certainly is a nice idea, really makes the scape look 'real'

Welcome Mr Wu, amazing bit of aquascaping. 8) I personally am not fond of the artificial waterfall look, one of my favorite aquascaping done by you is the 'Rocky Mountain 2005 AGA entrance'. Which unjustfully came third, which is a massive acheivement, well done. :good:
The waterfall just looks like a picture vaseleened to the back of the tank with a backlight. ( Thats just my thoughts though.)
I am defently eagerly waiting to see what your AGA 2006 creation looks like. :D

Final word........................INSPIRATIONAL!!!!!!!! :good:

Dear all

Gary Wu is in fact one of the most creative aquascaper in our group.
His "Scarely Waterfall" really sock us all :hyper:

However beside his "waterfall" actually pls don't forget to enjoy his charming layout, great skill of planting, his technique of photography, his "well trained" school of fish :) , which all show his enthusiastic and heart in aquascaping.

Gary, what a great job!
:good:

Gary -

Wow! Innovation, technique, health, vigour, lushness, beauty........

Thanks for contributing to TFF - we are honoured to host such talent.

First of all, thanks for all who like this layout, your appreciation and your comment. I think all of you interest how the waterfall recreate under water. The idea is from a very famous scenic in China - Jiuzhaiigou valley, below are the waterfall from Jiuzhaiigou

http://images.google.com.hk/images?q=%E7%8...l&start=20&sa=N

The secret is the fusion of filter floss and ADA Rio Negro Sand, I try different white sand cover the stone, the effect is not that attractive, some of particle is too rough, some of that are too white. Finally, I choice ADA Rio Negro Sand, the particle is fine and most of the particle is Silicon. The visual result after photo is perfect. It reflect as white but still have some texture detail.

My first idea only use sand to replicate, however it is not satisfied, it just like a white banner not waterfall. I look back my reference picture, it seems lack of water motion and splash, I notice that when water pass the stone, it would form as a foggy layer. I try different material to simulate this effect, finally I choice the filter floss, because it would not contract together in water even I tear it off to a very thin layer, and the texture is very close to the effect of moving water.

According to my experience, even though you have all this, if you don’t know how to arrange the sand, stone and floss, it still does not have this result, I try many many time and finally get this result. :blush:

Wow How did i miss this thread? What a stunning tank. :drool:
Ive not come across this type of setup before and I had to do a double take to work out what was going on.
The photography is outstanding.

Supplement: After setup the floss on the stone, it is more difficult to maintain, the floss are pollute by the shrimp and fish ordure. I have to change some of the dirty floss and rearrange some sand position every week in order to keep the waterfall look. However as an aquascaper, I have to cleanup the tank to prepare my new layout, so the whole scenic has gone after a month. A four month journey has to the end. :p

Amaaaazing tank!!!

On of the best tanks i have ever seen, well done!!

A moving waterfall effect would be really cool

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back