Vacuuming!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

It seems you guys do water changes more frequently than me, mine are every 3 weeks. Inbetween times I have recently taken to having a quick vac of the open gravel areas (where most of the food falls) with the syphon and letting the water in the buckets settle for 5-10 mins before gently pouring it back in. Most of the crud is left in the bottom of the bucket. :)

Bit of a cheat of a maintenance but it seems to work. I HATE seening my foxes and clowns and plec etc trying to find food amongst poop :sick:

Hi Cavafish :)

May I ask why you pour the dirty old water back into the tank instead of replacing it with fresh and clean water? :dunno:

hey i do a vacuum and water change weekly. personally i take out all the decorations and rocks every time becasue i rearrange them. i found that this is a good thing because i have a lot of artificial caves that get used and have a lot of waste under them but again this is just my opinion. :D

Inchworm said:
May I ask why you pour the dirty old water back into the tank instead of replacing it with fresh and clean water? :dunno:
Ye why do you do that, some people just dont bother to change the water or clean the tank but you go to the trouble of doing everything else exept the most importent bit, Adding fresh water.

vaccumming is terrible for me :( i have the 10G divided into 4 sections, each with a bett ain it, each with a live plant in it. When i use the vaccum my betta freaks out and i end up knocking half the leaves off the plants :( i'm just so clumsy about it -_-

I do this as a really quick fix to the poop-on-gravel problem. A proper water change takes about 11/2 - 2 hours and I just dont have time for it some evenings. I suppose it wouldnt take too long to tip the buckets out on the garden and refil them with fresh water but ....................hey, it really doesn't make sense does it?? :eek: :blink: I'll do that, thanks guys :thumbs:

Inchworm and Nidge are :teacher: :teacher:

(shows that some people can talk poop on here dont it :X :blush: ) Sorry

to me its better to do the full thing than doing half a job i recently found this out with my 15.6gal tank.. i just kept sayin ' oh it just needs atop up' whilst doin the full thing on my 40gal.. i lost my apple snail and my bristlenose plec in my 15.6 gal tank due to lazyness/not havin time :( luckily i didnt lose anymore fish...

i now do them both at the same time, i feel so guilty about not doin a proper job on my tank and losing fish for it :(

take my advice, if ur gonna do a job do it properly!

we all aint perfect.. we all try to cut corners... but we soon learn our lessons for it. :-(

That is a policy I firmly believe in - despite my not always following it :blush:

I will mend my ways immediatly :rolleyes: ^_^

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back