Using Heaters In External Filters

gaz gun man

Fish Addict
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
943
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Kent, UK
hey all

Just ordered a new heater that can be used inline with an external filter.

any opinions on these?
i was going to try a search but didnt know what to search for exactly!

How do they connect to the filter pipe?
 
Yes, they connect to the filter pipe. They are excellent at getting the water to temp. fast, and are very efficient. Not been arround long though, so can't say what they will do long-term. Short-term reliability ofver the last few years has been good though :nod:

All the best
Rabbut
 
would a tetratec EX 1200 work the same way with the heater. I am getting a juwel rio 240 then ripping out the filter to use the Ex 1200, really would like to have nothing of the filter and heater showing.
 
thanks Rabbut.

I've ordered a 'selection' of real plants for my tank too

Cant wait for it all to get here as I have some brown algae in my tank so I can give it a good clean, replace the horible brown plants and fit the heater.
 
rabbut, I saw an older post of yours about using these inline heaters with fluval pipes could be 'intresting' due to the ribbing.

As a keep who runs a Fluval do you think I might run into considerable problems?

The heater stated it can be used for most makes of canister filter, so I ordered it.
 
Cheers Rabbut

I cant weight to get the tank up and running asmy 100ltr is just not doing it for me any more. Hopefully gona plant it out.

Will make sure to post pics for comments and advice

Cheers again

Dru
 
Cheers Rabbut

I cant weight to get the tank up and running asmy 100ltr is just not doing it for me any more. Hopefully gona plant it out.

Will make sure to post pics for comments and advice

Cheers again

Dru


Lucky you! I'd love another trop tank, bit its a no-no

I'd love to have a blue/black background, sand substrate, plants and bogwood.

The more I look at my gravel tank the more I want to change it for sand, but its too much work!
 
rabbut, I saw an older post of yours about using these inline heaters with fluval pipes could be 'intresting' due to the ribbing.

As a keep who runs a Fluval do you think I might run into considerable problems?

The heater stated it can be used for most makes of canister filter, so I ordered it.

It could certainly make things more challenging. You could try cutting the Fluval piping and using Jubilee clips to hold the pipes onto the hose, but TBH I don't see that holding out... My prefered way of doing it would be to replace the Fluval inlet and outlet sets for another maunfacturer, so that you can use smooth bore pipeing and avoid the issue of the heater slipping off the return pipe. You can run Fluvals of smooth pipe, it is only the inlets that would caurse problems, as smooth pipe will kink and reduce flow using the Fluval solution to inlets and outlets :good:

Cheers Rabbut

I cant weight to get the tank up and running asmy 100ltr is just not doing it for me any more. Hopefully gona plant it out.

Will make sure to post pics for comments and advice

Cheers again

Dru

Look foreward to seeing them :nod:

All the best
Rabbut
 
cheers, I'll have alook at the heater when it gets here and make a decision from there.

The pipes go into the filter reliably enough so I hope its the same case with the heater!
 
There are adaptors on the hose allowing it to do that. Unlike smooth pipe, the ribbed fluval pipeing will not streach arround the inlet and outlet of the heater, and I'm not convinced the locking nuts would be effective if you could get the hose on anyway.

Best of luck with it :good:
Rabbut
 

Most reactions

Back
Top