Urg I Got Mouth Full Of Fish Water When Using Gravel Vac

Wait the full week if you done a water change and water stats are good.
If you have to preform a water change during a med course just add the correct amount of med back to water removed.
How are the fish doing, Have they stopped darting around the tank.

cheers wilder the poor guppy who was gasping for breath yesterday is now still at the top of the tank but isnt on his side and actually swims , hes still very ginger though but doesnt seem as ill as yesterday .

now the lights are out more you can see just which fish are effected, the corys have a ginger tinge underneath,as do the guppies ,the tank is now set at 30 degrees, has had the 2nd dose of meds, and is in darkness. my glowlights and last two neons are shoaling together as a group (they seem to do that when somethings going on)

my hubbys tank is in darkness too, his black neons have a ginger tinge as do his guppies and corys,cant really tell on the endlers but they are flicking ..
theres less madness in this tank today the black neons arent darting around as much ,maybe the darkness has calmed them a bit ?

Ok.
Keep us all up dated.
Good Luck.

cheers wilder had bit of panick my heater in my tank doesnt show any marks to read when moving it up or down , turned it up slightly took a while tank went to 28 degrees , turned bit more tank was 30 or so i thought , recked while back and it had gone upto 32 nearly 33 degrees ,noticed fishes stressing .otos in one place not looking too happy ,and one of my corys was at top of tank staying near surface,panicked thought id boiled my fishes , so quickly turned back down but not reaching 30 dead on ,all im at is 28 degrees again too scared to try going higher...
the cory is still staying at the top going up and down side of glass ,
the guppy has also gone back to going on its side reckon i spoke too soon about him ..

really worried my cory doesnt seem to like the raised temp its spending ages at top of tank as if drinking from surface its nearly ontop of the filter its hardly going down to the bottom of the tank.....
i have plenty of aeration filters pumping in water for oxygen circulation etc and i have a seperate thing looks like a volcano that blows out tons of air bubbles ..
so im really panicking corys my favs ....
do they not tolerate high temp what should i do ?

If there plenty of aeration the fish should be fine.
Did you half dose the med as corys don't tolerate parasite meds towell.
If the corys still at the top of the tank I would dilute the med down abit with a 10% water change.

thanks yes i did dose less like was advised,
corys spent earlier this morning till lunch at top but seem ok now ,i dropped a algae disc in and it wedged by bogwood theyve spent rest of day nibbling bits with the otos.
amazed the guppy is still alive i really thought it was past it as it was lyiong motionless the other day now its upright,the guppies are still at top but they did eat tiny amount of flake today.

wonder if corys thought as lights out it was playtime as more active at night ?

will plants and fish be okwithout any light for a week if thats how long i should keep it off for ?

tank reads temp 28 still ...

Corys do play around at the top of the tank, but they shouldn't be resting there for long periods.

corys back to normal thank goodness unsure what truely caused it ....

the guppies however are still at the top in my tank they arnt on their sides any more buy dont swim at lower depths now just stay in one place ..

Are the golden patches clearing up.

CHEERS FOR ASKING WILDER X
YES SOME OF FISH IN MY TANK LOOK BETTER ,ONLY ONE GUPPY STILL AT TOP OF TANK ...FINGERS CROSSED

HOWEVER HUBBYS TANK ANOTHER PROBLEM... CHECKED ON IT LAST NIGHT SAW A CORY SITTING ON A DEAD BLACK NEON , DID A WATER CHANGE WITH GRAVEL VAC ,REMOVED THE BIG BOAT THAT WAS IN TANK FOUND A DEAD ENDLER..

WONDERING IF WHAT KILLED THE OTHER BLACK NEON PREV IN THIS TANK ALSOKILLED THIS OR WHETHER IT WAS THE MEDS,LIGHTS OUT,VELVET,TB .

I DO NO A CORY IN HERE IS LOOKING SAME AS THE ONE THAT DIED OF SUSPECTED TB ,ITS VERY SKINNY,COLOURS DIFFERENT,HIDES ALL TIME, SKIN LOOKS DIFFERENT HARD TO EXPLAIN AND HAS STARTED TO GET A BENT LOOKING SPINE .

HAVE NOTICED THE BOAT TRAPS LOTS OF WASTE IN IT AND UNDER IT ,IT TAKES UP TOO MUCH ROOM ALSO ,SO IVE REMOVED IT FOR GOOD AND REPLACED WITH A ROOT DEC SO CAN SEE THE FISHES CONSTANTLY EVEN IF THEYRE HIDING AND EASIER TO CLEAN WITH GRAVEL VAC... WILL HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE I GUESS ...

All the fish that you suspect have tb I would put them out of there misery.
Till you do this just going to keep passing it on and it will go on for ages.
Then start to do some daily water changes.

Not nice I know but better of nipping it in the bud.
Good Luck.

Most reactions

Back