Upside-Down Filter

CrystalClear16

Fish Crazy
Joined
Oct 11, 2009
Messages
316
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
GB
Random question... I have some bamboo fan shrimp that like to have a current to sit in, but I can't arrange the rocks etc high enough to give them something to sit on in front of the filter current.

I have turned it upside down, so the current now passes over some rocks, which the shrimp love. It seems to be working at the same strength, but will this have a long term negative effect? It is a fluval 2 sponge filter.

Also, I have been reading about different filter types - internal/external/box etc, what are your personal preferences and why?
 
imo it would be better to get a fluval U2, you can change the flow rate on them also where the water flows from, iirc there are 3 settings, top flow (as a standard filter does) bottom flow and spray bar settings, i personally wouldnt run a filter upside down, especially as it isnt designed to work like that
 
Hmm I can't really afford another filter right now...

As long as an upside down filter won't hurt the fish I guess it will be ok. If the filter packs up earlier than it should, hopefully I will be able to get a new one then.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top