Upgrading My Filter.

Not to sure about these filters, but isn't that Carbon?

Of so, then don't worry about it.

Since carbon keeps on "changing" when in your filter if cannot hold a significant amount of beneficial bacteria.

Plus, if you wanted to keep carbon working properly in your tank, you must replace it every 3 days or so, as after 3 days carbon on your filter gets all used up, and starts to leak back into the tank.

-FHM
 
Okay, so when i buy the new filter, cram as much of my current media in as i can and keep testing the water... Right?
 
I used a stingray myself for awhile, there may be a slight issue since those little cartridges in them. These carry zeolite which absorbs ammonia and will starve the bacteria you are trying to grow.

I use Fluval myself and the media will fit very well into the cartridge. I personally use a mix of filter pads and bio max in mine. How far into the fishless cycle are you? I would just nix the stingray and go fluval since the your current media if it does use zeolite is killing bacteria if still early in
 

Most reactions

Back
Top