Upgrading A Roma 240 To T5 Lighting - Technical Question

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

FlyingFish78

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I've owned my Fluval Roma 240 for 9 months now, great tank! Just one problem. It comes with T8 bulbs which aren't good for anything other than low light plants. The T8s are just about due for replacing (generally they're effective for 9 months). To cut a long story short I've decided to upgrade to T5 lights.

I won't be getting rid of the T8s though, I'll simply be adding T5s alongside by clipping them directly to the T8s; so now I'll have 2 T8s and 2 T5s. I've heard of people using this solution and apparently it works great for growing plants.

In order to attach the T5s to the T8s, however, you need some kind of clips. I've trawled the internet and I can't find any information about the type of clips needed.

Does anyone have experience of performing this type of upgrade and knows which clips are needed? For that matter, is there any other advice I need to know?

Thanks in advance for any help! My Cardinal and Ember Tetras will be extremely grateful once they have some real plants to hide in (which survive).

FF78

Bump.

Don't worry about it. In the end I purchased LEDs. Far superior to the crappy T8s.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back