Update w/photos on my 30g long

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

MammaBearinTN

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Plants - 3 amazon swords doing relatively well, lotus water lily, anumbias nana (most floating until I secure them), and lots of water lettuce. Roots from a pothos vine really help to keep the water clean, as well. I like this combination because the fish seem very happy in this environment, the plants are doing well, and the plants work well as a filtration system as a filtration system.
IMG_6298.jpg
IMG_6290.jpg
IMG_6346.jpg

Fish - marble angelfish, five pearl gouramis (one male, maybe two), 5 honey gouramis (sex?), 2 corys (will get more). They've been together for about 3 months and are all very peaceful. Gently active fish, and very peaceful to watch.

After experiencing almost all of my fish dying due to a gas pocket - including several corydoras, I switched to a pebbled bottom. No more sand for me. I lost an entire school of ember tetras (11) within 2 hours, while all of the other fish but three died within a few days.

I'm getting a lot of enjoyment from this community tank. No crazy fish and everyone gets along for now. :)

Last edited:
I like your very pretty tank
Thank you! I call it the "easy, just drop in" look because I just dropped the driftwood in. I liked the way it looked, so I try not to mess it up when I vaccuum the gravel. :)

Most reactions

Back