invader
I'm a girl.
I was at my LFS today and in one of their larger tanks, they had a knife fish that I could not identify. It resembled a ghost knife, being black, but it had a long, horizontal white stripe starting from it's tail and ending halfway along the fish. It's anal fin was transparent, unlike the BGK. It was about a foot long and was labeled "Long Stripe Knife Fish." If anyone has ideas, please let me know, because it was a truly beautiful fish. My only regret is that I didn't take a picture of it.
/www.aquariumfish.net/catalog_pages/...ported_fish.htm

All this talk about a new species is making me excited!
Here is a scientific name Sternopygus macrurus (Bloch&Schneider 1801)
Do you think that is even a right figure? 141cm = Almost 5ft long... it doesn't sound right. Oh well, great fish, no matter what. Thank you all for helping with the ID!






