typical betta actions??

basstracker_v16

Reaction score
Ok.. Caeser has been with me for over 2 weeks now. Some may have seen his pic, he's not the one I use for my aviator. Anyways, I moved him into one of those
Marina Betta Kit's last week, has a 7 watt light which keeps temp around 76-78 F. He loves it from what I can see.

Well past few days, he has built a desent size bubble nust. He eats like he's attacting it. He will flair his gills when I come towards his "home" and also when I syphin (spell check) out his water for a partial water change he will charge the baster. I use a food baster to suck water out. (yes I do a complete change also)

Ive had my digital camera ready so I could get a shot of him flairing at me BUT every time I come near with the camera, ,he wont do it. If I dont have it, he will! Im not joking! Make me mad sometimes!

He spends most of his time "guarding" his nest which is surrounded by a live plant I have in the tank.

I just had to tell this story, wife thinks Im nuts and Ive given the "fish" an attitude!

Anyone else have one this strange??

That's perfectly normal behavior. He's just trying to defend his nest when he flares at you and charges at the turkey baster. My bettas usually sleep under their nest and always guard it from the evil gravel vaccum :lol:

He's doing that to piss you off. He's in picture-perfect health! :)

Most reactions

Back