I have a 55g with an oscar and 2 plecos and am always having to clean the gravel like once every week.
I hear these trumpet snails are good at cleaning gravel so do yall think it would be good to get some to try and lessen the required amount of cleaning? I have about an inch of gravel the size of peas so I figured if they started breading the snails might make a difference.
Also would the oscar be okay if he swallowed one cuzz he prolly would.
I hear these trumpet snails are good at cleaning gravel so do yall think it would be good to get some to try and lessen the required amount of cleaning? I have about an inch of gravel the size of peas so I figured if they started breading the snails might make a difference.
Also would the oscar be okay if he swallowed one cuzz he prolly would.
/goldlenny.blogspot.com/2007/02/new-...lace-1-per.html
I'd also recommend getting rid of one if not both of your plecos as Commons don't grow to 18" as previously stated, they grow to about 24". I'd recommend either upgrading to a 75gallon tank for the oscar and plecos, or get rid of the plecos and keep just 1 oscar. I know that not many people will agree with me, however if kept alone an Oscar in a 55gallon tank could be okay, depending on the foot print of the tank. it may be a lower tank opposed to the regular sized. If the tank is atleast 18" wide then you should be okay for a while, however a larger tank is greatly appriciated.






