Tropicals In The Wild

corey01

Fishaholic
Joined
Apr 15, 2007
Messages
427
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
South Wales!,U.K
ive been wondering this for a while..and im not sure if anyone else has posted it but is there anywhere on the web where you can see tropical fish in their natural habitat? like bettas in the wild or angelfish in the amazon...?

surely there must be something on youtube that somebody has found?
 
I think this was asked not to long ago, and if I remember correctly people suggested programmes like Jewel of the Rift, Amazon Abyss and certain programmes that contained scenes of fish.

I found videos on youtube by searching for 'fish natural habitat' I think.
http://www.youtube.com/user/fishfromvenezuela
That user has quite a few videos of fish in the wild.
 
here's a few pics by Takashi Amano of angels in the Amazon:

<a href="http://www.finarama.com/gallery/amano.htm" target="_blank">http://www.finarama.com/gallery/amano.htm</a>

This site (below) also has some interesting habitat links conatined within it:

<a href="http://www.amazonian-fish.co.uk/" target="_blank">http://www.amazonian-fish.co.uk/</a>

You could also try this one, more catfish than anything but well worth a look even jsut for the enviroments:

It's a fairly large file, 17.4MB (lots of pics!) and you'll need power point to view it....

The file is located here:

http://silurus.acnatsci.org/ACSI/field/Brazil2004/index.html

If you don't have powerpoint you can download just a viewer, which is all you need in this case, it's right here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en
 

Most reactions

Back
Top