Tropical Fish

Mystil

Fishaholic
Joined
Feb 20, 2008
Messages
557
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Somerset (UK)
Hello Guys
Does anyone know of an auction happening down south (somerset area)??

I keep seeing post about how people go abit mad buying fish but I cant find any information on such auctions down here. :(

Can anyone help?
Thanks
Liza
 
A fish auction!!!!! NO WAY!! I want to go to one. Is there a site somewhere with more information?
 
A fish auction!!!!! NO WAY!! I want to go to one. Is there a site somewhere with more information?

Fish auctions are actually quite common, in my area (twin cities, minnesota) we have an aquarium society that holds auctions and shows bi-yearly. They are great, you get some really great healthy fish for good prices and you can usually find rarer fish there too. A lot of people usually come as well, all of them great fishkeepers who know what they're doing.

Check for an aquarium society or club near you, I'll bet they have auctions as well
 
I sell fish at auctions several times yearly. Here's a link to a club list, who hold most of the auctions; http://fins.actwin.com/dir/clubs.php

Some of the links are out of date, but if you google the club name you will often find them.
 
A fish auction!!!!! NO WAY!! I want to go to one. Is there a site somewhere with more information?

Fish auctions are actually quite common, in my area (twin cities, minnesota) we have an aquarium society that holds auctions and shows bi-yearly. They are great, you get some really great healthy fish for good prices and you can usually find rarer fish there too. A lot of people usually come as well, all of them great fishkeepers who know what they're doing.

Check for an aquarium society or club near you, I'll bet they have auctions as well
Hello neighbor :D! I've been to some of the Minnesota Aquarium Society auctions and really like them. If I'm correct there was a show going on this weekend that just ended. I wasn't able to make it to that one.
 
Hello Guys
Does anyone know of an auction happening down south (somerset area)??

I keep seeing post about how people go abit mad buying fish but I cant find any information on such auctions down here. :(

Can anyone help?
Thanks
Liza


I found this site a while ago and it is quite useful admittedly it is for around here, but there may be contacts on this site who can give you an idea on clubs your way ?

http://www.otleyaquaristsociety.co.uk/show%20dates.htm
 
I have found one, which is in Bristol. Would take around an hour and a halfs drive...might be abit far to travel with fish....Hmm good to keep in mind though... :shifty:

Thanks for the links though.
 
Not far at all, if you have a car or even if you don't all you need is a picnic box or poly box and the fish go into there. I have even taken a hot water bottle with me during the winter months to keep the box nice and warm on the trip to and from there. Or if you can get some of those hand warmers you can pop one of those in just before you leave the auction, they stay warm for over 7 hours I believe.

Distance is no problem when carrying fish, as long as you have decent containers to carry them in.
 
I drive to auctions 2-3 hours away regularly. Fast smaller fish for 24 hours before bagging, larger fish for 48 hours. The usual 1/3 water, 2/3 air applies, double bagging is often a requirement at auctions.

Save money, don't buy heat packs. Fill a fish bag with very warm water, and add this to your cooler or styro. For the trip back fill another with warm water, and drive home.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top