Triops As Live Food?

grasshopper_green

New Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2008
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Jersey City, NJ
I recently got a triops kit that a kid we know didn't want. I ditched the plastic castle and the sand - I figured they'd be good to have as live food for my community tank - mostly tetras, danios, rasboras and the like. I added distilled water and I'm waiting for them to hatch.

I'm just wondering if anyone has maintained a colony of triops to use as live food for their fish and if there's any suggestions, guideline, etc. that they could share..
 
Yep, very impracticable. You end up giving one Triops to your fish every month or two at the rate they would reproduce/grow, it would be cheaper and easier just to buy a whole bag of brine shrimp/daphnia, or a cherry shrimp or little fish if your odd and like the idea.

With the daphnia it would actually be economic and practical to make a colony.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top